• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kuzu no Honkai/Scum's Wish Manga Gets TV Anime in January 2017 on Noitamina

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:02 pm Reply with quote
OpinionatedWeaboo wrote:

Now more than ever can I say that I don't understand animation studios at all.

Why so? Studios aren't typically the ones that decide what is adapted into an anime, they are just the "hired help".
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Sounds awesome. I'm calling it now spoiler[Scat].
noobster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:41 pm Reply with quote
This one really caught me offguard. Didn't expect this one coming. Tho I wonder how they will execute some of its content but still. TO THE HYPE TRAIN!!
The Righteously Dignant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:09 pm Reply with quote
This is the most depraved and immoral manga I've ever read--I can only hope the anime is just as trashy Cool
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:14 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
I have no idea what kind of sexual content is in this series, but Prison School was pretty successful with it's content and didn't feel overly censored(even less so for the BD release), so I think they have at least a little bit of room to work with.

It's not that the manga has lots of fanservice (it does) but that the fact that the main characters are spoiler[having a sexual relationship with each other both knowing that each has an unrequited love]. There is a lot of very messed up relationships with characters spoiler[cheating and using each the other for sexual gratification]. You're going to feel pretty dirty after watching any sex scenes. You CERTAINLY won't get turned on!

Basically no character (apart from one who is a bit of an idiot) comes across very well, and I LOVE IT!!! It really is an awesome decent into the depths of depravity of some very messed up characters! I'm really looking forward to it.

If you have a CrunchyRoll account you can read the manga there.

KH91 wrote:
Sounds awesome. I'm calling it now spoiler[Scat].

No. Not that kind of depraved. The kind of depraved where you spoiler[have sex and both people call out someone else's name during climax] and they both are not surprised!!

The only manga I can think of that has characters that are as messed up is "Himegoto Juukyuusai no seifuku"
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I remember when it was announced that the manga had been licensed, it did interest me. I don't read digital, so I don't really know what to expect. But, I'll be checking out this anime.

Last edited by Ali07 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:24 pm Reply with quote
So, a series that shows twisted people and hypocrisy, of the tense level of Aku no Hana?

Hell yeah, I'm in. I need my dose of nihilism.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
relyat08 wrote:
I have no idea what kind of sexual content is in this series, but Prison School was pretty successful with it's content and didn't feel overly censored(even less so for the BD release), so I think they have at least a little bit of room to work with.

It's not that the manga has lots of fanservice (it does) but that the fact that the main characters are spoiler[having a sexual relationship with each other both knowing that each has an unrequited love]. There is a lot of very messed up relationships with characters spoiler[cheating and using each the other for sexual gratification]. You're going to feel pretty dirty after watching any sex scenes. You CERTAINLY won't get turned on!

Basically no character (apart from one who is a bit of an idiot) comes across very well, and I LOVE IT!!! It really is an awesome decent into the depths of depravity of some very messed up characters! I'm really looking forward to it.

Sounds similar to Inio Asano or Shuzo Oshimi's stuff. And I LOVE them.
Sounds exactly like my kind of thing. Very Happy
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:13 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:

I just looked and it doesn't seem to be there. Is there another name for it?
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:11 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
ScruffyKiwi wrote:

I just looked and it doesn't seem to be there. Is there another name for it?

This it?
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/scums-wish/volumes
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:13 am Reply with quote
I guess so. I got this confused with another manga which is quite a bit more graphic. Warning that site has malware on it.
OlgHag97

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Awesome! I've been hearing so many good things about this series. Really looking forward to it.

Engineering Nerd wrote:
Consider how downright disturbing and sexual (the "fan service" can be a bit extreme for some viewers) this work can get, I am very surprised that this work end up getting animated.

Hmm......NoitaminA really has some guts to put this in the block

The thing is that the sexual content is not that heavy, I mean boy and girl have sex, girl and girl have sex, so what? The main thing that I'm worried here is how convoluted the theme, character's reasoning and interaction can be. It also required a lot of thoughts to comprehend what the hell is happening or what will happen next, you maybe can call it having a psychological theme as well. Depend on the people watch it and how it is portrait, people will be either love it or hated. Characters are also consist of asshole as well so I'm surprised that it even gets an anime adaptation at all. A definite watch for me for sure Anime hyper
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
kiminobokuwa wrote:
Not this manga. It's so negative to people. It might actually draw some people away due to it's content. I love things getting animated but the story just rubs me the wrong way.

The real world is full of people like in the manga. There is nothing wrong with negativity in shows. Nothing wrong with people not liking this show because of it. There are plenty of people that hate unicorns and rainbows. It all balances out in the end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2