• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Hero Academia Listed With 13 Episodes by French Streaming Site

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:43 am Reply with quote
I disagree that sports anime eat up more chapters because of the matches (action scenes in regular shonen manga can be equally fast-paced). But I'll ignore that and use, say Fairy Tail for comparison. It's the same kind of shonen manga after all. The latest arc, the Tartaros arc, was 31 episodes in the anime, and it was terribly stretched out with filler, recaps, padding, people talking really slowly among other things. I think they could've condensed it to 24, maybe 28 episodes. In the manga the same content was equivalent to roughly 7 volumes.

Another example could be the Seven Deadly Sins, the 24 episode anime adapted 13 volumes of the manga (granted the pace was fast and they cut through some stuff).

My point stands that 7-8 volumes is barely enough content for two cours, and once that was done, they'd be too close to the source material and it'd take a while -a year and a half to two years- before there was enough manga to make a second season.

So what I'm saying is there may be enough content right now to make 24 episodes in one go (at 80-something chapters I have no doubts about it), but that'd leave barely around 20 chapters (give or take a few depending on the pacing) left un-animated, so it'd take roughly a year and a half to two years (weekly manga have 48 chapters a year) to have enough content for a second season
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:34 am Reply with quote
So why are you people believing this French site that has a lot of false information?
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:24 am Reply with quote
Nick Falcunaya wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Only 13 episodes? I was expecting a 2-cour tbh. Maybe we'll get another season announcement later this year...

The anime will have 24 episodes in total.. Source? I have friend who is working on Crunchyroll. He said. that it will have 24 episodes. He also said that Amazon Prime supposed to stream the title. but lost to Funi because the production wants someone who can do home video release.

I'm actually taking this news as a grain of salt for now. But...

From earlier last year, they also reported that Heavy Object is a 2 cour (which turned out to be true) and Buranki is most likely a split cour at its pacing. Also, these are some other examples that all turned out to be true:

animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-06-25/aquarion-logos-god-eater-shimoseka-episode-counts-listed/.89723

Same with Nijiiro Days this season.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/12/22-1/nijiiro-days-anime-episode-count-listed

I haven't seen them being wrong once yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bigivel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:30 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I disagree that sports anime eat up more chapters because of the matches (action scenes in regular shonen manga can be equally fast-paced). But I'll ignore that and use, say Fairy Tail for comparison. It's the same kind of shonen manga after all. The latest arc, the Tartaros arc, was 31 episodes in the anime, and it was terribly stretched out with filler, recaps, padding, people talking really slowly among other things. I think they could've condensed it to 24, maybe 28 episodes. In the manga the same content was equivalent to roughly 7 volumes.

Another example could be the Seven Deadly Sins, the 24 episode anime adapted 13 volumes of the manga (granted the pace was fast and they cut through some stuff).

My point stands that 7-8 volumes is barely enough content for two cours, and once that was done, they'd be too close to the source material and it'd take a while -a year and a half to two years- before there was enough manga to make a second season.

So what I'm saying is there may be enough content right now to make 24 episodes in one go (at 80-something chapters I have no doubts about it), but that'd leave barely around 20 chapters (give or take a few depending on the pacing) left un-animated, so it'd take roughly a year and a half to two years (weekly manga have 48 chapters a year) to have enough content for a second season

Haikyuu adapted 71 chapters in 25 episodes that makes a adaptation pacing of 2.84 chapters per episode. With that they still had to rush stuff during the matches(specially the nekoma and Aobajosai).

My Hero Academia has right now 83 chapters and by the time the anime starts 85(1 day after). If the anime has the same pacing than Haikyuu and has 24 episodes it will adapt 68 chapters(if you want an adaptation of 3 chapters per episode that gives 72 chapters). The manga at the ending of the anime(24 episodes) will have 109 chapters, that means 41 chapters after the anime(or 37 chapters with 3 chapters per episode).
So the anime will need 27 chapters(or 35 chapters) to be able to adapt the next season. If they keep the adaptations cycle being 1 year, they can adapt 2 cour seasons indefinitely.

Nanatsu no Taizai wasn't just fast, it was incredible so, and they didn't just cut some stuff, it cut a lot!
Black Thunder 6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
After the announcement that was made at the launch party of the manga in Ki-oon, we are now ready to reveal all the juicy details! Presented by Masashi Kishimoto, creator of Naruto, as the heir and successor of his work, My Hero Academia landed on DNA!

Quote:
My Hero Academia is the work of Kohei Horikoshi and embodies this new wave of manga, along with One Punch Man, which incorporates many references - both visual and scriptwriting - the world of comics, offering a unique blend fresh in worlds of manga and animation.

Seems legit Rolling Eyes

Biggest problem here is that the Nichigo timeslot has not done a one-cour (12-13 episodes) show since Sengoku Basara 2 back in 2010 so unless they're gonna do Arslan S2 in the summer (which would also have to be one-cour to fit NnT S2 in the fall) which can't see actually happening at this point its gonna mess up their scheduling. There's no way they can fit all of the Sports Festival without it being rushed.
#Foreverfizz8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:41 am Reply with quote
Interesting. I thought this would be at least a 2-cour due to the weekly publication in Jump and the rise in popularity. I'll give it a shot if it's a single cour though. To my planned list you go!
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
Please just be a false rumor, or if the cours are just getting split up. That would mean the anime will end with the Sports Festival Arc. Not only would that be an anti-climactic point to end it on, it had a cliffhanger leading to the Stain Arc, which is a much better point to end it on.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:46 am Reply with quote
Just throwing it out there for reference: BLEACH's first 20 episodes adapt the first 8 volumes(70 chapters, a small amount of material is skipped or re-done), and the final Fullbringer arc was 23 episodes from 6 volumes(56 chapters). At 83 chapters, HeroAca literally only has enough material for 2 cours at the most, and then you'd have to wait God-knows-how-long for another season. They announced this too early.
TheDarkLord96

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:13 am Reply with quote
I was expecting this since you know it's studio Bones with their 12 episode treatment to almost everything and don't forget the anime original ending.

I really wish that this is not true. There is enough chapters to do 24 eps.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:34 am Reply with quote
I suppose it could be worse. They could do what they did with "Erased" and "Tokyo Ghoul" and cram 6 chapters into one episode.
bigivel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:37 am Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Just throwing it out there for reference: BLEACH's first 20 episodes adapt the first 8 volumes(70 chapters, a small amount of material is skipped or re-done), and the final Fullbringer arc was 23 episodes from 6 volumes(56 chapters). At 83 chapters, HeroAca literally only has enough material for 2 cours at the most, and then you'd have to wait God-knows-how-long for another season. They announced this too early.

Using Bleach as an example was a horrible choice.
Bleach anime adaptation in the beginning has a mega fast pacing. There are episodes that alone adapted 8 to 6 chapters. That is Tokyo Ghoul adaption pacing worth.
During the Arrancar Arc Kubo started to make the chapters have less and less content, becoming what they are known today, chapter with almost nothing in them. Still the Fullbringer arc was well paced in terms of manga/adaptation rate.

You would only have to wait 1 year for every 2 cours done by the anime.
85 chapter before the anime + 24 chapters during the anime + 48 chapters during 1 year = 157 chapters. 157 chapter - 72 chapters spent in the anime with 24 episodes with a 3 chapters per episode average = 85 chapters, that is the same number as the beginning of the 1st season.
Selipse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Why are you all just thinking in arbitrary numbers? Think about natural stopping points, then see how it fits.

I'd been thinking the end of the Stain arc would be good, but that's around chapter 59, which would be way too fast for 1 cour and probably a bit too slow for 2.

Going back, chapter 44 (the end of the Tournament) is actually a really good place to stop. The amount of chapters is also fine for 13 episodes.

Now, the thing is that after that there's not really a good place to stop (unless they end it with a huge cliffhanger at one of the recent chapters). Sure, there'll probably be one around the time the anime ends, but I'm not sure if it would be fit for a split-cour. It would probably be better to wait until next year so they can make a continuous 2-cour second season.
epicwizard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
I was assuming that the anime would have 2 cours instead of 1 cour. However, I'm okay with the 1 cour run after discovering that the anime would have to take a year-long hiatus in order to have enough source material to adapt for another 2 cours.

Nick Falcunaya wrote:
The anime will have 24 episodes in total.. Source? I have friend who is working on Crunchyroll. He said. that it will have 24 episodes. He also said that Amazon Prime supposed to stream the title. but lost to Funi because the production wants someone who can do home video release.

Thank goodness FUNimation got the license instead of Amazon Prime! No disrespect to Amazon Prime, but I don't have it and not interested in getting it just for only 2 anime series. Plus, if they got license instead of FUNimation, no simuldub would happen at all and we would have to wait for a long time for a dub to be produced. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2