• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tonkatsu DJ Agetarō TV Anime's 1st Promo Video, New Visual Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FloozyGod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
Tight, I'm ready
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:02 am Reply with quote
I have summarised my views on this using the following puns. Please overlook those of which you disapprove.

1. With a left-field combination of popular music and cookery, Studio DEEN are really cooking on gas.
  2. As arresting as the promotional video is, I fear they are selling the sizzle rather than the steak.
  3. By using an unorthodox art style such as that, this show could easily take a battering.
  4. Let us hope they do not make a pig's ear of this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jtron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
As a DJ and anime fan I've been looking forward to this - and the PV is great!
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:55 am Reply with quote
This show had my interest, but now it has my attention.
JDude042

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:18 pm Reply with quote
I saw the thumbnail image for the article and it certainly caught my attention. I've never seen an anime with an art style like that before. In fact it reminds me of a certain Adult Swim show...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az3S8Ii__20

Honestly watching the video and seeing the cheap western looking designs with the Japanese voice acting, it just feels out of place, but that could just be the fact that I'm not used to seeing this sort of amalgamation.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I was looking forward to this somewhat before but now it's easily one of my most anticipated anime in a long while I always find these kinds of anime to be my favorite. God I hope someone simulcasts this.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:33 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
I saw the thumbnail image for the article and it certainly caught my attention. I've never seen an anime with an art style like that before. In fact it reminds me of a certain Adult Swim show...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az3S8Ii__20

Honestly watching the video and seeing the cheap western looking designs with the Japanese voice acting, it just feels out of place, but that could just be the fact that I'm not used to seeing this sort of amalgamation.

I don't really see anything western about it.

If you are a gamer it has a Jet Set Radio Future or Gitaroo man feel, or if we go the anime route, shin chan meets flcl. Actually a lot of the gag manga have that style of animation. They are usually slap stick comedy so the animation is often more crude. Doesn't make it any less "Japanese" or more "Western".

I feel like it has a lot of potential.
Konopan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:24 am Reply with quote
Galo Sengen got an anime?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1