• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New D. Grayman TV Anime's Promo Video Reveals More of Cast, Title, July Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:59 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I knew it was coming, but it still hurts my soul to know Sakurai won't be reprising Kanda, he was just perfect on that role.

Seeing him and Alma at the end of the video, my soul is crying, knowing what's to come and not hearing his voice in this scene (manga spoiler). Crying or Very sad Especially since this series looks like it could be rather neat.

This is Kanda's arc. I want Kanda back.
Sobe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:34 am Reply with quote
We need the English dub to finish the first anime :<. I liked the English VA's. I'm glad the VA for the Japanese version was changed but I'll miss Lavi's original Japanese VA.
Aisama

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
The animation looks awesome! From the little that was shown I'm so happy I did not detect any weird out of place CG. Yes~ for this summer.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:57 am Reply with quote
halo wrote:
Quote:
The first 103-episode anime series aired from 2006-2008. Funimation released the anime on Blu-ray and DVD in North America.

I think it's worth mentioning they never released the whole series. I think they released about half on DVD and less than that on Blu-ray
Did Funimation ever say why? did it not sell well.
Kaeru89

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote
The teaser is amazing, im so hyped for new season, Hearing this music again brings chills down my spine Smile)
ice_tea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote
I haven't even watched the original series (long shounen is not my cup of tea). But I will check out this new one out of curiosity.

Satou Takuya sounds great (he's a great seiyuu from his works on drama cds and games). Nice voice.

But Hanae is such a weird replacement for SuzuKen. I like him but every cast has him nowadays. He doesn't fit for everything.

Last edited by ice_tea on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Catsplay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:54 am Reply with quote
ice_tea wrote:
I haven't even watch the original series (long shounen is not my cup of tea). But I will check out this new one out of curiosity.

Satou Takuya sounds great (he's a great seiyuu from his works on drama cds and games). Nice voice.

But Hanae is such a weird replacement for SuzuKen. I like him but every cast has him nowadays. He doesn't fit for everything.

Why would you check this one out when its a sequel? All you'll be doing is confusing the hell out of yourself not understanding the story or who the characters are and what their history is. You really should watch the original anime before diving into the sequel one, D.Gray-man is REALLY good.
ice_tea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:00 am Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
ice_tea wrote:
I haven't even watch the original series (long shounen is not my cup of tea). But I will check out this new one out of curiosity.

Why would you check this one out when its a sequel? All you'll be doing is confusing the hell out of yourself not understanding the story or who the characters are and what their history is. You really should watch the original anime before diving into the sequel one, D.Gray-man is REALLY good.

I will check it out ONLY for the voice actors and possibly animation. I am only interested in voice actors. Story doesn't matter to me AT ALL. And I am sure I won't watch much of it. Tastes differ. Why SHOULD I watch it just because you like it? You think I am new to anime?

Like I said, long shounen is NOT my cup of tea. I actually watched some of the original series years ago and read the manga (dropped both). I know what the story is about the who the characters are.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:11 am Reply with quote
I remember re-watching this show a few years back and thinking that an anime continuation would be a miracle. And here we are... it's happening. Wishes do come true
Catsplay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:11 am Reply with quote
ice_tea wrote:
Catsplay wrote:
ice_tea wrote:

I will check it out ONLY for the voice actors and possibly animation. I am only interested in voice actors. Story doesn't matter to me AT ALL. And I am sure I won't watch much of it. Tastes differ. Why SHOULD I watch it just because you like it? You think I am new to anime?

Like I said, long shounen is NOT my cup of tea. I actually watched some of the original series years ago and read the manga (dropped both). I know what the story is about the who the characters are.

I know tastes differ, but checking out a series because of VAs is pretty silly. What's the point of watching something if you're not actually watching it to you know, watch it. And if you dropped the series as early as you're saying, then no, you'll have no idea what's happened to the characters and the story starting D.Gray-man Hallow. You're an oddity to me.
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
*le sigh* It's really hard to get into something I've been very much looking forward to when all my favorite seiyuu's aren't there. Ugh. . . . this suck. I wanna watch it so badly, but I have this sinking feeling that once I hear the all the new voices my interest will disappear. And I really like D.Gray-Man too. -__-;
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Yes! DGM sequel confirmed, and it does look very well animated. The music sounds very good too if the stuff in the trailer is any example of the score they'll use.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Gonna' miss OG!Allen. Other than that, I'm not a huge stickler for voices; so long as it's relatively fitting, I'm on board! Very Happy (Though I do wish Funimation would just release the whole of D.Gray-man, sales be damned. >.> )
The American Average

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:46 pm Reply with quote
well I'm extremely excited for the return of DGrayman. Hopefully it goes off without a hitch.

curious on how they'll start it. jumping in at ep 104 might be a bit too much for new viewers, I'd assume the first 2-3 episodes will be recap and character introduction reminding us of their powers and who the villains are.
ryonomiko
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Wording in the article is misleading in tha Funi released all 103 episodes when only did the first series, 52 episodes. Maybe Funi didn't licence S2.

S2 (when it aired) even an anime friend of mine in Japan wasn't aware of it... it wasn't on as many channels/stations (however anime gets distributed).

This new anime continuation is the 3rd series.

PV looks amazing, but my motivation to watch is not high because there was no valid reason (will guess less money since most of the cast (Sakurai, Suzumura, Morikawa, Konishi, etc) garner more salary) to recast every role and some roles I can't see myself enjoying no matter how good a job the new cast does (or not).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3