• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
3D and Flash: the future of animé.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Recently, I have noticed more and more animé animated using 3D models. Looking at American animation it makes me wonder, will the Japanese follow the same path and be almost entirely animated in 3D or Flash?

We can all agree that 3D and Flash are cheaper to use but the end results aren't alway that bad yet the wages for an animator in Japan are very poor. It is also worth noting that animé has strived on utilizing limited animation techniques.

What do you guys think about this? Do you think it's going to happen?
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
Recently, I have noticed more and more animé animated using 3D models. Looking at American animation it makes me wonder, will the Japanese follow the same path and be almost entirely animated in 3D or Flash?

We can all agree that 3D and Flash are cheaper to use but the end results aren't alway that bad yet the wages for an animator in Japan are very poor. It is also worth noting that animé has strived on utilizing limited animation techniques.

What do you guys think about this? Do you think it's going to happen?

There is nothing wrong with good 3D animation. The problem is that most anime utilize horrible 3D. 3D tends not to age well, but when done right, it can look amazing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1