• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel Film Project Is Trilogy Starting in 2017

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:50 am Reply with quote
Trilogy ...nice. Definitely looking forward to this even if it's a bit of a long wait. I hope BDs comes out fast as well when it's released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WikiSonic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
Thank god it's a trilogy. One movie would've been sort of pointless; would've been rushed to hell.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
Sounds about right, consider the overlapping plots, that should be enough time to wrap it up (assuming each movie is long enough)
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:01 am Reply with quote
Wow, that key artwork is gorgeous.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:04 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

It's Ufotable. What do you expect?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:09 am Reply with quote
And there it is. A trilogy is cool. Making sure you get everything you want.
xFlintx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
Videogamep wrote:
Dessa wrote:

can you stop that shitty ufotable meme, most artwork are awful and creppy like this one

http://static.zerochan.net/Fate.stay.night.full.1837969.jpg
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:21 am Reply with quote
WikiSonic wrote:
Thank god it's a trilogy. One movie would've been sort of pointless; would've been rushed to hell.

Hallelujah if it was as crammed as the first UBW movie id cry. I was skeptical when they said this would be A movie.

And i agree that artwork is beautiful
kotelo_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:21 am Reply with quote
xFlintx wrote:
Videogamep wrote:

can you stop that shitty ufotable meme, most artwork are awful and creppy like this one

That was most likely by Tabata.

Tomonori is miles better, he did that new HF key art.

Literally every bad design in UBW is Tabata's fault. Tabata was aiming for a "younger look" on the characters, and they ended looking fu**ing weird.
Valhern

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:27 am Reply with quote
So this will be a long wait. I hope it's worth it. By the way, I think that summary is a little weird. It should be something like "Sakura unwillingly becomes a centerpiece of the Holy Grail War as the darkest secrets of the Matou family unfold. A cruel fate now awaits in Shirou's path". Otherwise it's like you're just spoiling (and badly, since that's not exactly how it goes) instead of giving a summary.

xFlintx wrote:

Doesn't look that bad, just weird angle choice and Rin's eyebrows don't match the expression. Nothing amazing, that's true.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
Assuming each movie is about 90 minutes long and there are three. It is basically a 12 episodes series runtime, why not just make it a series and air it on TV and have it concluded in 4 months. Instead of releasing the movies over a year long period.

I know what movies get higher production value then TV series but Futoable pretty much has consistent quality of thier shows from both cinematic endeavors and TV broadcasts, so I don't believe that that is a viable argument in defending going the films route.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:35 am Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:
That was most likely by Tabata.

Tomonori is miles better, he did that new HF key art.

Literally every bad design in UBW is Tabata's fault. Tabata was aiming for a "younger look" on the characters, and they ended looking fu**ing weird.

Credits are in the corner. It says Chie Yamamoto. Can't find much on her, but she also did this one, which also has a few off-looking faces.

Rinkwolf wrote:
Assuming each movie is about 90 minutes long and there are three. It is basically a 12 episodes series runtime, why not just make it a series and air it on TV and have it concluded in 4 months. Instead of releasing the movies over a year long period.

I believe the reason they gave was over content concerns. There were a few scenes they might have had to tone down, but in a movie they obviously don't have to worry about that.

Can't find the source, but I'm pretty sure I recall hearing something along these lines said at some point.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:47 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:

I know what movies get higher production value then TV series but Futoable pretty much has consistent quality of thier shows from both cinematic endeavors and TV broadcasts, so I don't believe that that is a viable argument in defending going the films route.

Cause Movie trilogies seem to be the new thing in this mass marketing styled industry since it allows producers to essentially double triple dip where series with fanatics guaranteed to splurge money on it are concerned. You get three separate box office grabs and three separate BD grabs effectively earning you 6 times the money in theory. This is an increasingly greed driven industry so it's just how it goes now and probably the only real reason.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:

Rinkwolf wrote:

I believe the reason they gave was over content concerns. There were a few scenes they might have had to tone down, but in a movie they obviously don't have to worry about that.

Can't find the source, but I'm pretty sure I recall hearing something along these lines said at some point.

Yep. I don't have the source either, but yeah, that's the reason. The content in Heaven's Feel would need to be heavily censored for a TV broadcast, so this is a much safer way to go. Also, Ufotable works better with a movie production schedule, in my opinion.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
xFlintx wrote:

You realize that that's a magazine spread, not key artwork, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5