• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Extra Game Gets TV Anime in 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:49 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
These are nice news. I hated the second half of UBW, but I still do like Fate in concept, and I've always liked the design of red Saber. Could anyone tell me which characters can we expect, as far as historical figures?

You'll find all the historical figures the servents are based on here I'll just say this (not sure if spoilers but just in case) spoiler[Red Saber (not to be confused with Saber of Red from Apocrypha) is Nero and Lancer is...take a wild guess]
kotelo_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:50 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
These are nice news. I hated the second half of UBW, but I still do like Fate in concept, and I've always liked the design of red Saber. Could anyone tell me which characters can we expect, as far as historical figures?

Bad taste and asking for spoilers... smh tbh fam
Valhern

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:51 am Reply with quote
Huh, that was fast. Glad to have more Fate, though not totally sure on Shaft. Bah, I'd be unsure with anything but ufotable, so I'll just wait instead of prejudging.

CrowLia wrote:

spoiler[Nero, as in Caesar Nero, Roman Emperor. Tamamo no Mae, this is actually a mythological one, supposed to be the Kitsune, but not quite. Cu "never gonna catch a break" Chulainn. Francis Drake, the one that went around the world after Megallan failed, you must have seen him in history class. Another is Lu Bu, a famous commander of the Tale of the Three Kingdoms. Mentioning others would be even more spoilerish so let's leave it at that][/spoiler]
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:59 am Reply with quote
So far as I'm bored of Ufotable's more pretty-and-clean-looking adaptation with decent storytelling, this is such an exciting news. I hope SHAFT (though I've always liked their visual creativity) won't disappoint in its writing, as they have done with some of their seemingly-premature shows).

Hopefully it'll be 2 cour. Shaft's been so so, if not disappointing, in their 1 cour shows. But, it's 'Fate' after all.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote
To be completely honest, and extremely SHAFT-like adaptation of Fate would be pretty sweet. And Extra seems like the perfect version to get it. Honestly, very curious what this will look like.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

Bad taste and asking for spoilers... smh tbh fam

Different opinions /= bad taste

Also, I majored in History, my main draw to this franchise is the historical characters being reimagined and mixed together, I couldn't care less about spoilers. Thanks everyone for the answers, I'm looking forward to this quite a bit now

Quote:
As awesome as this news is don't you think it's a bit premature? I mean seriously 2017? We're just about to enter the forth month of 2016.

We already have quite a bit of shows announced for 2017: Touken Ranbu, Saekano 2, one noitamina show I don't remember and eIDLive off the top of my head. Sailor Moon Crystal was announced like two or three years before it actually premiered. Drifters has been in production for like two years iirc, and let's not even mention the Gainax series that are in limbo because they don't have money to do them. Lots of anime gets announced with a lot of time in advance
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:11 am Reply with quote
So the Fate/Stay SHAFT is a real thing now? Oh yeah, I`m really excited, cause I really liked Akiyuki style of CCC openings. And with the original script by Nasu and characters by original Extra designer Wada, it`s awesome.

Hope they bring good animation staff for that.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:36 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I heard good things about the game before, should be fun. I love the key visual from the official site Cool

I don't see how really... The setting is literally a school. The rpg mechanic is rock, paper, scissors. Rather than really advancing a story, you're primarily just looking for little clues about the identity of the next servant you fight in your regularly scheduled school battles.

Fate and Zero were interesting because each servant and master had their own ideas about how to handle things. Extra is just a big elimination style school tournament.

I seriously hope they're just taking the characters from Extra to put in some original story.

I'd kind of like to see them go with the female MC option since there was one and both Shiro and Kiri were guys, but it seems likely they will try to use spoiler[Nero] as a romantic interest.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:53 am Reply with quote
With the Fate series getting a few anime reboots despite having been around since 2004, I wonder what other visual novels, light novels, video games, and manga could get anime reboots right now. I hold out hope for many classics and underexposed gems.
synaia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:59 am Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
So far as I'm bored of Ufotable's more pretty-and-clean-looking adaptation with decent storytelling, this is such an exciting news. I hope SHAFT (though I've always liked their visual creativity) won't disappoint in its writing, as they have done with some of their seemingly-premature shows).

Hopefully it'll be 2 cour. Shaft's been so so, if not disappointing, in their 1 cour shows. But, it's 'Fate' after all.

Nasu himself is doing the series composition so he writing should be alright.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:12 am Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:

SHAFT doesn't do any actual "writing", they are an animation studio. And, in this particular case, Kinoko Nasu is script writing, so the writing will be about on par with the rest of the Fate stuff he's written, I'd imagine.
Also, Madoka was one cour, and most of SHAFT's franchises started out as one cour: The Monogatari series, Arakawa, Ef Tale of Memories, Zetsubo sensei, Hidamari Sketch, etc. I wouldn't be too surprised if this is just one cour, or possibly split cour. Nisekoi is the only two cour project I can think of that they've done recently, to be honest.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:18 am Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:
Not having Tamamo and Emiya is a bit sad, but oh well...

dont bet on that just yet. considering that it have to be faithful towards the fate/extra CCC series, its a more than a certain that tamamo and especially emiya will be there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:39 am Reply with quote
synaia wrote:
Dian Z wrote:

Nasu himself is doing the series composition so he writing should be alright.

Crap..... he did the writing for UBW..... last thing I need is a shaft production with UBW scripting.... "let's spend a whole episode on something that can be made crystal clear with one flipping line!"
this is just me tho. the script for UBW was what madequate me run away as fast as I could from it.
j Talbain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:43 am Reply with quote
I'm suprised they didn't go with the direct Sequel Fate/hollow ataraxia. However we're getting a Heaven's Feel film trilogy. Is Emiya and Tosaka even in Fate/Extra? Or is this it's own thing?
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:57 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they are gonna catch up to the Fate/Grand Order by 2018? I like the premise of the Fate franchise but I'm only a fan of Zero and part one of UBW so hopefully this version will be fun. More Rin (if she's here) and Saber is always a good thing!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6