• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How long does it take to add a manga?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ithiel Arcadion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Hello!

I've been using your awsome encyclopedia for years making only occasional small edits, but recently I was reading a manga called Helck that I didn't find in there. So I decided to add it. I think I provided the entry with decent sources. The mangas subpage at the Ura Sunday homepage (the magazine it runs in), a news article on the ANN frontpage concerning it, and an ebay link to one of the volumes for good measure. It's been a couple of weeks and it does not seem to have been approved by anyone.

I saw that there is an absolutely humongous list of unapproved manga dating back years and years. Does it take that long to approve a title for the encyclopedia or is this title just too small?
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:42 am Reply with quote
I've had anime that have sat in the queue for years, and the manga queue is much longer, so it could take a long time. There are criteria for manga that are a priority to add, which favor things licensed in the US, things adapted to or from anime, and things by well-known mangaka. If it doesn't fit those criteria, it is less likely it will be added right away. There just are so many manga that they can't really add them all. On the other hand, if someone sees your post here, perhaps they will just decide to add it.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:08 pm Reply with quote
If I wasn't in work I would do it now, since it has been specifically highlighted, but you can get some nasty surprises when it comes to unfamiliar titles... (plus there is often a heavy reliance on scanlation aggregators in manga sources)

Being published in English and having at least one anime make a title more likely to be accepted more quickly (in part because it will get more news coverage). I'm also personally wary about adding titles because there's no easy undo (and I have made mistakes).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1