• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XV Gets 5-Episode Anime Prequel, Feature-Length CG Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited for the CG movie. It just love their style and amazed that they don't put out more movies. To my knowledge, they really only made Advent Children and it's remastered re release.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:36 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Alright square-enix, here's how things are supposed to go.

Step 1) You release a game

Step 2) People like it and it's story and ask for more

Step 3) Figure out which other medium would work well to release additional content for the game, keeping in mind which part people are actually interested in

Step 4) Make the additional product

Right now, you haven't even done step 1, so you can't really figure out step 2 and your flat out skipping step 3...

Remember last time you though people were gonna be so in love with a final fantasy that you could start milking it even before it release? That was FF13, here's how it went you announced 3 game, one hasn't come out yet (almost a freaking decade ago) another one came out and was the worst received of the mainline FF (And it came out along with a LN that was necessary to understand anything, which most people didn't read since they only cared about the game) and the third one went trough a tons of transformation and eventually release just to be greeted by a giant 'meh'.

SE, you suck at handling multiple stuff at the same time, just go back to the simple formula, one game at a time.

So much this. I really hate this sort of hyping and mass marketing crap and am not surprised to see my most hated animation company Aniplex involved in this somehow even if it's only with the anime and it's distribution. The fact that they are doing a game/movie tie-in release version in Japan just kind of sickens me though as it's their typical process of just leeching off of other peoples work and brands.

I was growing casually interested in this game again after the all time production clusterfuck that was it's XIII Versus iteration led me to become skeptical about it and I don't want to do anything that might result in Aniplex getting even a cent of my money so if I do somehow end up getting this game which is a big if (I was skeptical before thanks to the production hell and them just not seeming to have down what they want to do with the concept up until very recently, kind of warmed up to it a little last trailer a few months back and now am more skeptical than ever as opposed to hyped with these mass marketing deals being struck with the devil of the anime industry) I'd almost kind of have to go with some sort of Metal Gear Solid V used copy strategy like some people did to try to cut Konami out of the mix. Thanks a lot Square Enix, you could have just you know released the game and let people make up their own minds then decided what you want to do with it but you've gotta be a backwards Japanese company and go with this sort of shitty obviously Sony backed approach. All it demonstrates to me is that they really have learned absolutely nothing from past mistakes after all as the approach to A Realm Reborn and trying to rebuild community outreach had me think. Fool me once as they say.....

I kind of hope this game bombs and we can just be done with everything that ever came of the Fabula Nova Crystallis project clusterfuck that began and frankly already failed to live up to it's promise all those years ago. If this succeeds wildly it'll pretty much mark the end of the Final Fantasy I became a fan of growing up I fear and sadly it probably well because hype and mass marketing is everything in this era of media. I don't know I bet it barely even feels like Final Fantasy much like what happened with XIII and now I get this feeling more than ever that Sony has been a large part of the production process and marketing for this and why it's gone through such ridiculous development hell.
chex mix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:37 am Reply with quote
I'm not a gamer, but I'm also a person with at least half a brain, and therefore totally qualified to say this is really stupid and tacky. When it showed up on CR I legit rolled my eyes for a second. Just make the game and stfu, thanks. Plenty of jackholes on YouTube will advertise it for you for free anyways, as annoyingly as possible, so you don't need to actively add to the pointless white noise, dumbasses. Gahhhhhhk.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
I see the characters, 4 bishounen, and am a bit sad about where the franchise has fallen.

Yeah, because the franchise NEVER has bishonen men in it. That was sarcasm by the way.

AlabasterSpectrum wrote:
So much this. I really hate this sort of hyping and mass marketing crap and am not surprised to see my most hated animation company Aniplex involved in this somehow even if it's only with the anime and it's distribution. The fact that they are doing a game/movie tie-in release version in Japan just kind of sickens me though as it's their typical process of just leeching off of other peoples work and brands.

I was growing casually interested in this game again after the all time production clusterfuck that was it's XIII Versus iteration led me to become skeptical about it and I don't want to do anything that might result in Aniplex getting even a cent of my money so if I do somehow end up getting this game which is a big if (I was skeptical before thanks to the production hell and them just not seeming to have down what they want to do with the concept up until very recently, kind of warmed up to it a little last trailer a few months back and now am more skeptical than ever as opposed to hyped with these mass marketing deals being struck with the devil of the anime industry) I'd almost kind of have to go with some sort of Metal Gear Solid V used copy strategy like some people did to try to cut Konami out of the mix. Thanks a lot Square Enix, you could have just you know released the game and let people make up their own minds then decided what you want to do with it but you've gotta be a backwards Japanese company and go with this sort of shitty obviously Sony backed approach. All it demonstrates to me is that they really have learned absolutely nothing from past mistakes after all as the approach to A Realm Reborn and trying to rebuild community outreach had me think. Fool me once as they say.....

I kind of hope this game bombs and we can just be done with everything that ever came of the Fabula Nova Crystallis project clusterfuck that began and frankly already failed to live up to it's promise all those years ago. If this succeeds wildly it'll pretty much mark the end of the Final Fantasy I became a fan of growing up I fear and sadly it probably well because hype and mass marketing is everything in this era of media. I don't know I bet it barely even feels like Final Fantasy much like what happened with XIII and now I get this feeling more than ever that Sony has been a large part of the production process and marketing for this and why it's gone through such ridiculous development hell.

Oh, sure, but when ATLUS does it, it's perfectly okay. Oh, yeah. I keep forgetting that ATLUS is the company that gets away with the same BS other developers get boycotted for.

Seriously, if the idea of Aniplex making a series offends you so much, don't freaken watch it.

Whine and moan about the game all you like. You know you're going to get it opening day. That's why we have a fifth "Transformers" movie on the way. With your attitude, you're probably going to want to hate it anyway, so you'll magnify its small flaws.

Last edited by Animeking1108 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
cloud8100

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:54 am Reply with quote
I for one, am looking forward to this and was actually pleasantly surprised. I'm incredibly excited for this and Deus Ex.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quote
All the ranting in this forum just makes me shake my head. I've played both demos for FFXV now and it's freaking amazing in so many aspects. That's not not just me falling for pre hype media BS, I'm making an actual judgment call after playing the game myself.

A lot of the people complaining are complaining because Square is putting their all into building an expanded universe from the start and promoting the damn game, something other companies get shunned for when they fail to do so, which is insane.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:20 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
I see the characters, 4 bishounen, and am a bit sad about where the franchise has fallen.

Every FF game has had bishounen characters. Yoshitaka Amano's artwork should've clued you in.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:35 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Tell that to "Mighty No. 9."
They put the cart so so far before the horse, the horse isn't old enough to pull it.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:36 am Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
All the ranting in this forum just makes me shake my head. I've played both demos for FFXV now and it's freaking amazing in so many aspects. That's not not just me falling for pre hype media BS, I'm making an actual judgment call after playing the game myself.

A lot of the people complaining are complaining because Square is putting their all into building an expanded universe from the start and promoting the damn game, something other companies get shunned for when they fail to do so, which is insane.

I've been waitingg for this game for years, and I'm ironically not excited about it. I refuse to get overhyped for the thing simply because I've been waiting so long.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
What studio for the anime? I feel bad for this game though. 10 years of work, and so far they've said it will run at a low 30 fps with some drops that they're "Still trying to iron out".
It is because everything must now be big and open world, and they always miss 2 points. 1, does it benefit from being open world, 2, can the system handle open world and this level of detail.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:48 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
What studio for the anime? I feel bad for this game though. 10 years of work, and so far they've said it will run at a low 30 fps with some drops that they're "Still trying to iron out".
It is because everything must now be big and open world, and they always miss 2 points. 1, does it benefit from being open world, 2, can the system handle open world and this level of detail.

Well, it's "Final Fantasy." The big problem people had with FFXIII was because it wasn't open enough.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:56 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Well, it's "Final Fantasy." The big problem people had with FFXIII was because it wasn't open enough.
Wasn't the level design just a straight linear path most of the time, they didn't have to go in the complete opposite direction.
Sobe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:04 am Reply with quote
Nevermind.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:41 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Sunny milk wrote:

Yeah, because the franchise NEVER has bishonen men in it. That was sarcasm by the way.

Yeah, except they never had 4 pretty boys as THE main characters.
Don't tell me it's not obvious who they are targeting this time.
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
Hmm the short kind of reminds me of the DMC anime, which I enjoyed a fair amount. And to be honest I think they kind of need this animated series, the game has been in production for so damn long people have probably lost interest or forgotten about it.

So as long as they don't mess this up it's a good way to bring back excitement for the game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3