• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - Why Don't We Have A Subscription Manga Service Yet?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamuraiNinjaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:08 am Reply with quote
I really hope this becomes a thing where VIZ Media, Yen Press, ANN, and others join Crunchyroll in streaming legal manga scans for all the fans. That way, we would all have a place to legally read manga online. If we can find legal sites for anime, why not manga as well? Please let this happen! I really hope it works out! :3 I also hope that FUNimation, VIZ Media, ANN, and Crunchyroll will be able to keep streaming anime so that we the fans can legally stream anime! Very Happy
miraclekid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:06 pm Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:

And for what it's worth, after 11 years working in libraries and some of the requests I've gotten over the years (like some of those urban fiction titles, for instance), there's frankly almost nothing that fazes me anymore. Whatever series you're most embarrassed about, I doubt anyone who's been in the trade for a while would even blink at it.

I've worked in public libraries for over a decade as well and we have a school of thought here: "every reader his/her book" and "every book its reader". That includes BL manga. The worst that can happen is they just say no to your request, so I say go for it! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for the original topic of this post, I've recently been mulling over why we haven't seen a service like this yet and came to the same conclusions that our Answerman came to. Shame though cause I'd definitely pay for one!

It'd be nice if the big publishers (like Viz) had a system like Marvel where you could pay a monthly fee to read from a library of older titles, especially the ones out of print (if they still hold the license that is).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4