• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Endride, Kumamiko, Shonen Maid, And you thought there is never a girl onl

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, definitely not a shabby line-up, although, of course, quite underwhelming compare to Crunchyroll this season. But that's how licensing goes, everyone bounds to have up-and-downs
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Guess am canceling my sub for this season. Crunchyroll has all the interesting shows so far,while Funi only has My Hero Academia.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:23 pm Reply with quote
HOLY COWS no Big Order or Kuromukuro.... well you just completely disappointed me Funimation...... now I have to resort to..... fansubs(shivers)
Koda89

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:25 pm Reply with quote
God damn that is an underwhelming lineup. Like the only one of their new additions I am interested in is Kumamiko and I'm not going to simulcast that.

Looks like just AssClass 2 and My Hero Academia for me. CR has the rest of the titles I am interested in watching weekly.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote
----> Sees cute promo art for series and my girl instinct for pretty things kicks in
----> Sees Funi has said series
----> See said pretty promo art series is getting broadcast dubs
----> Rejoice!

I love Funimation Anime smile Theres no other company I feel piece of mind as a dub lover then with them.
Really nice lineup! Cant wait to see And you thought there is never a girl online? It sounds like tons of fun and the promo art is so pretty! Three Leaves, and Three Colors and Shonen Maid look cute and cant wait buy the blurays when they release <3

If only Sentai Filmworks could enter the broadcast dub business, with their great success on Toonami I hope it encourages them too!

Last edited by DuchessBianca on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Well three things to say:

1. Crunchyroll NEEDS to get in the dubbing business, or at least do contracts with other companies like Bang Zoom for now like Aniplex and Viz (Crunchyroll is based in San Francisco along with Viz). There have hardly been ANY California dubs recently ever since many of the other licensing companies shut down. Having become as big as it has, and with all the shows they have, Crunchyroll should take the next big step. I know they don't license, but if they're going to do what they did they should do that also.

2. Remember Knights of Sidonia and The Seven Deadly Sins? Both of those were streamed on Netflix. But they were licensed and dubbed by Sentai and Aniplex respectively. I can see the same thing happening between Amazon and Funimation for Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress actually. And yes, I know Sentai and Aniplex don't stream like Funimation does, but it could be a deal with the third-best American streaming service (after Netflix and Hulu) to promote Funimation. Besides, it's Wit Studio - there's gotta be something.

3. Micah and Justin will play the protagonists of Endride, predicting that right now.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:44 pm Reply with quote
About as weak of a line up as I could have expected. Still, I'll watch the first episode of most of them. Maybe not Shonen Maid, but, eh, it might be worth a shot. The only thing I am really excited for here is Concrete Revolutio, to be honest, though, and that was basically already a guarantee.
The "and you thought there is never a girl online" sounds pretty terrible, but, to be fair, so did Konosuba. I never would have even picked it up if not for reviews, so we'll see. This could be entertaining. Maybe totally bottom-of-the-barrel-trash entertainment, but I'm okay with that now and then.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm confused about Concrete Revolutio: Last Song's airing date.

On Funimation, it says it will stream on 4/8 but a earlier news reports that it will premiere on 4/3.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-04/concrete-revolutio-2nd-season-title-premiere-date-revealed-in-promo-video/.99399

Perhaps the first episode is a special?
http://www.concreterevolutio.com/onair/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WingKing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
And yes, I know Sentai and Aniplex don't stream like Funimation does,

http://aniplexchannel.com/

Granted, driving traffic to it doesn't seem to be Aniplex's highest priority, since they usually try to put their shows on as many streaming platforms as possible, but it does exist.
Random 21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited for My Hero Academia and Concrete Revolutio, and I'm going to give Kuma Miko a shot too, but otherwise nothin. I am happy that Crunchy seem to have basically everything I care about this season, since that means they'll get most of it for the UK too.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:17 pm Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

Granted, driving traffic to it doesn't seem to be Aniplex's highest priority, since they usually try to put their shows on as many streaming platforms as possible, but it does exist.

Oh okay then. Must have slipped by me since their website is so convoluted, but like you said they release almost everything on other streaming sites (which, by the way, is a perfect alternative to buying their overpriced products).

Anyway, Aniplex REALLY needs its own in-house studio. They really need to get cracking on a lot of series since we know they have the incentive to dub but shove everything to Bang Zoom (and if they don't dub ERASED I'm going to get so pissed). Crunchyroll can maybe do contracts, since it's in about the same position as Viz, but not Aniplex. Plus, if California doesn't get back to dubbing, we might see tons of actors lose their jobs and no one wants that.

Last edited by Gemnist on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
WingKing wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

Oh okay then. Must have slipped by me since their website is so convoluted, but like you said they release almost everything on other streaming sites (which, by the way, is a perfect alternative to buying their overpriced products).

Anyway, Aniplex REALLY needs its own in-house studio. They really need to get cracking on a lot of series since we know they have the incentive to dub but shove everything to Bang Zoom (and if they don't dub ERASED I'm going to get so pissed). Crunchyroll can maybe do contracts, since it's in about the same position as Viz, but not Aniplex. Plus, if California doesn't get back to dubbing, we might see tons of actors lose their jobs and no one wants that.
epicwizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Never thought that FUNimation would stream Kumamiko. For some reason, I thought that Crunchyroll would stream it instead. Nonetheless, I'm glad that FUNimation is streaming the series and I can't wait to watch it!

I was getting worried that no one would stream the series and would have to resort to either fansubs or watching it raw and not knowing what the characters are saying.
Larkan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Don't like the english title for Netoge , Kuma miko and Netoge are the only series i care about from this list
LightningShadow55

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:42 pm Reply with quote
So glad there finally getting on top of these dubs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3