• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Endride, Kumamiko, Shonen Maid, And you thought there is never a girl onl

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Just because FUNi doesn't have the streaming license doesn't mean that they couldn't license something that Crunchyroll has for home release, right?
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:06 pm Reply with quote
In the case of Ace Attorney no its Aniplex show which means high prices for extra junk and the show
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:16 pm Reply with quote
WingKing wrote:
Gemnist wrote:
And yes, I know Sentai and Aniplex don't stream like Funimation does,

http://aniplexchannel.com/

Granted, driving traffic to it doesn't seem to be Aniplex's highest priority, since they usually try to put their shows on as many streaming platforms as possible, but it does exist.

Technically, they don't stream any videos. Click on any video there, and you'll find it is just an embed of the video from Hulu. (The same is also true for Viz's videos on their site).
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm definitely excited about My Hero Academia but the rest not so much other than and you thought that there was never a girl online and AssClass2 there's not much for me oh well there's always next season. Confused
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Anyone else a bit disappointed that Fairy Tail is on another hiatus when it doesn't need one? - And that One Piece has had no hiatus when it REALLY needs one?
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:52 pm Reply with quote
And with that, Funi got literally nothing I wanted to watch. Thank-god they got all these bottom of the barrel titles and not something actually worth a sub. BnHA is a little sad to see go to them, but I have the manga, so I'm all set for that.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Anyone else a bit disappointed that Fairy Tail is on another hiatus when it doesn't need one? - And that One Piece has had no hiatus when it REALLY needs one?

FairyTail ABSOLUTELY needs a hiatus, it is way too close to the manga and if they continued they'd have to make a cut halfway through the current arc. Not to mention the inevitable padding, stretching, recapping and all the other tricks the studio does to extend the limited material.

To be honest, apart from Kuma Miko and HeroAca, I'm okay with Funi's current lineup. I hate to be the one to party over other people's tragedies, but Funi's been shafting us with its region block for so long I'm happy to see Crunchyroll take the lead with real worldwide streaming for such a big season. I never expected to see Stray Dogs in CR and I'm sooo happy that I won't have to go through alternative means to watch it
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Three Leaves, Three Colors...I know that the original name has something to do with that, but it doesn't make the English title any less strange.

And Shonen Maid getting a broadcast dub is a massive surprise to me. Didn't think that it would be viewed as that popular.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit surprised to hear that Three Leaves, Three Colors is among the shows Funimation has announced for an English version. Surprised I look forward to watching that show, as well as My Hero Academia.
Wiesteria

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Ironically, I'm actually going back to subscribing to Funi this season. Not because I'm excited for their lineup (it's subpar), but because they are finally putting the first half of the Yona of the Dawn dub up for streaming and also all of Yu Yu Hakusho. I have waited so long for both of these things to happen.
SpookyPie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm pleased with Funimation's list personally, not a lot of shows for the average person to be excited about, which is understandable. I overall enjoy most SOL (slice of life shows), and the Funimation shows I'll be trying in order are:
Boku No Hero academia -I'm caught up on the manga, hopefully the adaptation is great.
Kuma Miko: Girl Meets Bear
Sansha Sanyō
Hai-Furi
Netoge no Yome wa Onna no ko ja Nai to Omotta? -Could be a fun comedy, maybe?
EndRide -I don't really know about this one. My expectations are low, but hopefully it's at least a fun popcorn action kind of show.
MatrixGravity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:24 am Reply with quote
Knight-Hart wrote:
Just because FUNi doesn't have the streaming license doesn't mean that they couldn't license something that Crunchyroll has for home release, right?

This. Can anybody answer this? I was desperately hoping Funi would acquire Bungo Stray Dogs cause I really want them to get the home release so I can buy it, but when I saw Crunchyroll licensed it, that really killed all hope for me. So is there any hope Funi can still acquire the home release rights to Bungo despite Crunchyroll holding the streaming license? I mean it is a Bones anime after all, and Funi seems to hold the home release rights for the vast majority of the Bones titles as it is, so I really hope they can secure the rights for it.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:40 am Reply with quote
^ Yes, there is absolutely a possibility that Funimation could acquire the home video rights for a show on Crunchyroll. They are a Home Video Publisher, so yeah, they could acquire only home video rights to a show streaming somewhere else. That being said, out of all of the Home Video publishers in the US, Funimation is probably the least likely to pick up a show that they don't have the streaming license for. As far as I can recall, they haven't done it at all in the last few years. I'd say Sentai is much more likely for this one.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:01 am Reply with quote
Goddamn it! I was so looking forward to watching And You Thought No Girls Online Whatever on Crunchyroll. I mean, the art alone [expletive] screamed Sentai!

I REALLY don't wanna pay another damn streaming service. I can barely afford two as it is.
MarkFlrs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:53 am Reply with quote
It is surprising that Funi got a cute girls doing cute things anime (Sansha Sanyou), a more relaxing one (Kuma Miko), and a more romantic ecchi comedy one (Netoge), since Funimation doesn't even usually stream those kinds of anime, while Bungou Stray Dogs and Joker Game, which are the type of anime Funimation usually gets, went to Crunchyroll.

Since Haifuri is produced by Aniplex, does that mean it'll also stream on Crunchyroll/Daisuki?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3