• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Endride, Kumamiko, Shonen Maid, And you thought there is never a girl onl

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:26 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Goddamn it! I was so looking forward to watching And You Thought No Girls Online Whatever on Crunchyroll. I mean, the art alone [expletive] screamed Sentai!

I REALLY don't wanna pay another damn streaming service. I can barely afford two as it is.

You don't have to pay for this one. All you have to do is wait a week and it'll be free on their site. It won't kill you to wait a week if it's free.
WingKing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:31 pm Reply with quote
MarkFlrs wrote:
Since Haifuri is produced by Aniplex, does that mean it'll also stream on Crunchyroll/Daisuki?

There's a good chance. With Asterisk War, CR gets to simulcast it the day it comes out, and all the other sites (Funi, Daisuki, etc.) stream it on a one-week delay. Probably Hai Furi will be the same, with one site getting simulcast streaming rights and everyone else who picks it up being limited to delaycasts.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:46 pm Reply with quote
A bit surprised that they got Sansha Sanyou, but then again they also did stream Mikagura which was also a Dogakobo title. Still, I thought since it was from the same manga author as Mikakunin that Sentai would have went after it. Though maybe that means Mikakunin (Engaged to the Unidentified) didn't perform as well as Sentai wanted it to. Oh well, it'll be streamed so I'll be watching Sansha Sanyou.
MatrixGravity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:19 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
^ Yes, there is absolutely a possibility that Funimation could acquire the home video rights for a show on Crunchyroll. They are a Home Video Publisher, so yeah, they could acquire only home video rights to a show streaming somewhere else. That being said, out of all of the Home Video publishers in the US, Funimation is probably the least likely to pick up a show that they don't have the streaming license for. As far as I can recall, they haven't done it at all in the last few years. I'd say Sentai is much more likely for this one.

But what about Yona of the Dawn? That was originally announced to stream on Crunchyroll and then Funimation subsequently acquired the streaming & home release rights for it.

10/6/2014 Crunchyroll acquires the streaming rights

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-06/crunchyroll-to-stream-akatsuki-no-yona-fantasy-anime/.79625

10/14/2014 Funimation acquires the streaming and home rights

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-14/funimation-adds-yona-of-the-dawn-fantasy-anime/.79912

What's precluding them from doing the same thing with Bungo Stray Dogs?
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
^I specifically meant shows that Funimation doesn't have the streaming license for. There have been a number of cases where they have a shared stream, while possessing the home video rights.

The entire point of my comment though, is that they could do it. Just that there is no precedent if they don't have the streaming license as well. In this case, there is no reason to believe that they do, since this seems to be their big streaming line-up announcement... and it's not here.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quote
BringBackUzume wrote:
prime_pm wrote:
Goddamn it! I was so looking forward to watching And You Thought No Girls Online Whatever on Crunchyroll. I mean, the art alone [expletive] screamed Sentai!

I REALLY don't wanna pay another damn streaming service. I can barely afford two as it is.

You don't have to pay for this one. All you have to do is wait a week and it'll be free on their site. It won't kill you to wait a week if it's free.

Watching ads and/or waiting a week can lead to some people behaving in a way where you would believe it would kill them. Laughing
MatrixGravity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:29 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
^I specifically meant shows that Funimation doesn't have the streaming license for. There have been a number of cases where they have a shared stream, while possessing the home video rights.

The entire point of my comment though, is that they could do it. Just that there is no precedent if they don't have the streaming license as well. In this case, there is no reason to believe that they do, since this seems to be their big streaming line-up announcement... and it's not here.

So how do we know if Funi has a shared stream while possessing home rights for Bungo? Or is that something that would be announced later on? (If it were to happen)
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
MatrixGravity wrote:
Quote:
So how do we know if Funi has a shared stream while possessing home rights for Bungo? Or is that something that would be announced later on? (If it were to happen)

Basically we don't. If it happens Funimation will announce it. In that event it will be announced in ANN's news feed. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't. Either way all you can do is wait. There is no way to obtain information a company isn't ready to release.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
3. Micah and Justin will play the protagonists of Endride, predicting that right now.

Having actually watched the episode, I'm leaning more towards Austin and Ricco now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3