• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim's Toonami to Run Hunter x Hunter TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Well now this is a surprise. I wasn't expecting Hunter x Hunter at all. I guess this means I can finally start getting into this show.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:48 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Beatdigga wrote:
Airing HxH in an of itself, to elaborate on my earlier point, isn't a bad idea. It's supposed to be very good. I will happily determine that for myself.

But one of the other long runners needs to go. DB won't, it's essentially the anchor for Toonami the same way Family Guy is for Adult Swim. Naruto has a set ending. One Piece doesn't. So by process of elimination...

Uh-Oh.

Dragon Ball Z Kai will definitely go before Naruto Shippuden even if Funimation (finally) decided to dub the remaining episodes and Super. On Toonami, Shippuden has gotten to Episode 105. How many episodes are there? Over 450. Don't worry; Naruto is staying on Toonami for a very, VERY long time. The show HxH is actually replacing is Parasyte in terms of timeslot and Kill la Kill in terms of actual show.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I was implying they should cancel One Piece.
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Dragon Ball Z Kai will definitely go before Naruto Shippuden even if Funimation (finally) decided to dub the remaining episodes and Super.

They already have and they likely will dub Super at some point.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:10 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Gemnist wrote:
Dragon Ball Z Kai will definitely go before Naruto Shippuden even if Funimation (finally) decided to dub the remaining episodes and Super.

They already have and they likely will dub Super at some point.

Actually they've only completed the first 98 episodes, aka through the Cell Arc. They still have to dub the remaining 61 episodes, along with Toriko's remaining 98 episodes.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:17 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Ok Toonami, you're now forgiven for Dimension W. Now all we need is Jojo, and everything will be perfect.

Anyone else think Killua's voice is way too high?

Where did you hear Killua's voice? I know that a user posted a clip of Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio in an elevator where all characters spoke (and they sound pretty good) in another article, but I have yet to see a clip of Killua.

As for JoJo - WHERE THE HELL IS THE STARDUST CRUSADERS DUB!?!
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Ok Toonami, you're now forgiven for Dimension W. Now all we need is Jojo, and everything will be perfect.

Where did you hear Killua's voice? I know that a user posted a clip of Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio in an elevator where all characters spoke (and they sound pretty good) in another article, but I have yet to see a clip of Killua.

Viz Media hasn't received the materials for Stardust Crusaders yet. They'll dub it once they receive those materials and will likely use the same cast as the test dub. (Although Viz doesn't know if they will use the same cast or not yet).

Killua's voice can be heard on the Toonami promo clip.

[Also FUNimation having dubbed at least part of Buu Saga is one of the worst kept secrets in the anime biz].
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:42 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Well now this is a surprise. I wasn't expecting Hunter x Hunter at all. I guess this means I can finally start getting into this show.

Uh why didn't you get into it sooner?
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
v1cious wrote:

https://youtu.be/lAgXr5IC1rI
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Been meaning to check this out for a while, looks like it's finally time. Heard great things about it so I'm looking forward to the premiere.

Did not expect this show at all.
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:06 pm Reply with quote
I have mixed feelings. I think it's great HxH is on Toonami, but I don't like the fact that there are so many long runners in the lineup, as there will be fewer fresh shows. I wish Toonami at least got another hour or something....

I've been so desperate for Blood Blockade Battlefront to air on Toonami.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:45 pm Reply with quote
That's neat, but with the series still on hiatus, I'm not too interested in starting it.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
That's neat, but with the series still on hiatus, I'm not too interested in starting it.

The anime is more accessible than the manga at this point. It concludes at a very good stopping point, so it feels satisfying as a whole, even though there is more story to tell.

HxH feels like a great fit for the block. It's a lengthy shonen, but much more cerebral and character-driven than most of its genre, so it has the potential to attract a wide range of fans, even among folks who don't normally enjoy battle shonen. And since Dimwub is only 12 episodes (about three of which are actually worth seeing) we won't have to wait long to see what Toonami's next shorter-length series will be, either.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...

Never saw Hunter x Hunter before.
shadowxx91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Nice I finally got a reason to start watching toonami again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6