• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GitS: Arise - the new movie, is this just a recap?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Having gotten a chance to watch the movie, I was surprised to see that there was no recap at all. I had the impression that there was a recap episode as an extra but I was wrong. I wonder what Teletha was watching.

I think the movie is stand alone so that you wouldn't have to have seen the earlier episodes. However this would be hard for me to judge as I had just re-watched all four OVAs and the two TV episodes the day before.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:08 pm Reply with quote
So a few weeks ago I picked up The New Movie (worst movie subtitle, ever?) but I decided to sit on it until I had watched Arise Border 3 & 4, as I had not done that yet. However I've now discovered there is a 5th Border movie/OVA, and apparently it ties into The New Movie a bit?

Is there any word on when Funi might be releasing it? It strikes me as a bit odd not to have it out ahead of this film.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote
@Mr Adventure

No information yet as to when they will release a home video version as far as I know. However, this is the same as the last two episodes of the TV series. If you have access to Funimation's streaming they can be viewed free with ads. They are episodes 9 & 10 titled Pyrophoric Cult parts 1 & 2 However, I don't remember anything in those two episodes that would cause a problem in watching the movie if you can't see them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2