• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Skip Beat! English Dub Kickstarter Campaign Casts Grant George as Sho Fuwa

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:33 pm Reply with quote
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/85938147/skip-beat-official-north-american-release/#chart-daily

Considering it has received about 5k daily the past 4 days I have no idea why you would think it would only get 1k the remaining 10 days. You should at least have the slightest amount of knowledge of something before making a doomsday-esque comment.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:47 pm Reply with quote
The campaign has just hit $120,000! Smile Robbie Daymond will act as Ren Tsuruga.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:34 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/85938147/skip-beat-official-north-american-release/#chart-daily

Considering it has received about 5k daily the past 4 days I have no idea why you would think it would only get 1k the remaining 10 days. You should at least have the slightest amount of knowledge of something before making a doomsday-esque comment.

When I checked two days ago, they were at 118,000+.
Yesterday when I posted, they were at 119,000+

I don't know where kicktraq is getting that 8,000 tic.

I am not cheerleading for failure, success for this means good things for other anime.

If they reach 3.5k or better each day, then they will meet their goal. So if by midnight they are sitting at 123,500 all is good and I am properly chastised.

Who knows too, pledges may do horribly these next nine day, then on the final day everyone dog piles on the site, and pushes it over the mark.

Personally, I want them to make the BD ceiling.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:28 pm Reply with quote
No offense, but as Megiddo said, you really don't seem to know how Kickstarters work. Kickstarter sends out an automatic e-mail at 48 hours until the deadline for anyone who's selected the "Remind Me!" option, which a lot of people tend to do if they're not willing/able to make a pledge right away. The last-second push generated by those respondents, coupled with current backers increasing their pledges to push the project over the hump, tends to generate a massive increase in donations over those last two days. (Hell, I was a backer of a recent project that generated more than 60% of its funding in the last 48 hours, and hit the goal with only a few to spare, which was awesome.) As a general rule, any decently-exposed project that gets somewhere north of 50% before the final two days has a very high probability of being successful, so given that Skip Beat is all the way to 81% with more than a week left, it's just about a shoe-in. At this point it wouldn't surprise me at all if it hits the Blu-ray goal too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2