• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Deen Makes Anime Film of Buddhist Text Naze Ikiru

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:34 am Reply with quote
WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH DEEN???

No, really, they've already made surprisingly good stuff this year (especially Shouwa Genroku), with interesting shows coming up (especially Shouwa Genroku) and now they even make a movie that sounds pretty good. I might need to change my opinion of Deen after all. They are definitely on a good way.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:35 am Reply with quote
Deen sure are on a roll with gay romance dramas.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:59 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:

How is this a gay romance drama?
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:15 am Reply with quote
DEEN making josei-seinen themes seemed to have spark a revival. I always love DEEN despite their flops mainly because of what they've achieved in RK. That series had some of the best fights ever.
VoidWitch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:36 am Reply with quote
This is very interesting and very weird. There are tons of different buddhist texts to choose from. Why Kentetsu Takamori's one?
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:

With the exception of Super Lovers, none of their shows this year had gay romance. I honestly have no idea what gave you the impression that there will be anything like that in this film.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
Blackiris_ wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:

Guy who's down on his luck meets older, wiser guy who he forms a bond with, who are then forced to leave the city & take refuge together. Brokeback Buddhist.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:19 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Blackiris_ wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:

Guy who's down on his luck meets older, wiser guy who he forms a bond with, who are then forced to leave the city & take refuge together. Brokeback Buddhist.

I genuinely hope you're trolling here.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:46 am Reply with quote
Deen is becoming a surprisingly interesting studio all of a sudden. While the other Sunrise spinoff studios like A-1 are just working the propaganda angle non-stop and putting out 90% shitty cash grab LN/Mobage stuff with a few mediocre noitaminA series in there and Bones is taking questionable directions with flops whose story lines just seem to confuse the crap out of people (save the gem that is Akagami no Shirayuki-Hime) Deen is going out there making surprise seasonal hits and legitimately interesting subject material for animation. Were it not for doing that KonaSuba series I'd be worried about them though, like it just seems suicidal in an era where only Idols, teen melodramas and shows with effeminate shirtless dudes and specific voice actors are really looking profitable. They don't want to end up like one of the other former Sunrise spinoffs in Manglobe and go bankrupt, ditto Bones who are also apparently in danger.
danpmss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
Deen is becoming a surprisingly interesting studio all of a sudden. While the other Sunrise spinoff studios like A-1 are just working the propaganda angle non-stop and putting out 90% shitty cash grab LN/Mobage stuff with a few mediocre noitaminA series in there and Bones is taking questionable directions with flops whose story lines just seem to confuse the crap out of people (save the gem that is Akagami no Shirayuki-Hime) Deen is going out there making surprise seasonal hits and legitimately interesting subject material for animation. Were it not for doing that KonaSuba series I'd be worried about them though, like it just seems suicidal in an era where only Idols, teen melodramas and shows with effeminate shirtless dudes and specific voice actors are really looking profitable. They don't want to end up like one of the other former Sunrise spinoffs in Manglobe and go bankrupt, ditto Bones who are also apparently in danger.

Same here, you said it all.

Freaking Deen, trying to make me forget what they did to Umineko somehow! :v
And after what we got this year, I can hardly even be mad with them, damn!!
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
... and Bones is taking questionable directions with flops whose story lines just seem to confuse the crap out of people (save the gem that is Akagami no Shirayuki-Hime)... ...ditto Bones who are also apparently in danger.

Where'd you hear anything about Bones having financial trouble? I'm interested if you have a source. I sort of doubt Concrete Revolutio, by itself, is enough to put them in jeopardy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1