• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Makoto Shinkai's Kimi no Na wa./your name. Film's 2nd Teaser Previews RADWIMPS Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:02 am Reply with quote
Oh, very, very nice new trailer. So the premise also has gender-bender elements. Wink
Good thinking by Shinkai adding a bit of comedy.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:31 am Reply with quote
Liked the sound of that song. And, I didn't realise this movie will have over 20 tracks...wow.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:58 am Reply with quote
Will this become an another bitter sweet ending again? Sad
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:50 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Liked the sound of that song. And, I didn't realise this movie will have over 20 tracks...wow.
By "20 tracks" they're probably referring to BGM tracks for the most part.
nagpo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:12 am Reply with quote
Keit-Ai?
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:51 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:

Something tell me no, seeing as the director stated that he want to make a "proper" romance story. Here is to hoping it has a happy ending. Not to say that I won't welcome it without a fairy tail ending. 5 cm. per Sec. is probably my most hated and loved ending in anime. I hate that it happened the way it did but it make sense that it happened the way it did.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Good thinking by Shinkai adding a bit of comedy.

I struggle to see anything especially light-hearted in the trailers, though can easily deceive. While it certainly constrains his contribution to anime, I would prefer it for Shinkai to continue to write the earnest romances he is most capable of relaying. His attempt to explore other avenues is better to be forgotten.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:

My guess is if he wanted to go down that route he could make their time out of sync .. ie she's in the past.
endallchaos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Hikarunu wrote:

Something tell me no, seeing as the director stated that he want to make a "proper" romance story. Here is to hoping it has a happy ending. Not to say that I won't welcome it without a fairy tail ending. 5 cm. per Sec. is probably my most hated and loved ending in anime. I hate that it happened the way it did but it make sense that it happened the way it did.

I like that his endings aren't 'happily ever after' type of endings. There's way too many films like that. Razz
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:38 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:

I agree with how 5cm Per Second end, same goes with The Garden of Words too. I still kinda hoping for a better ending but the PV dont convinced me enough to believe it will be different than his previous works. Sad
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
Hikarunu wrote:

Read the manga. It has a much, MUCH better ending. Much more satisfying and more detailed than the movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1