• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~ Game's English Opening Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:43 pm Reply with quote
This is surprising. If its on Steam than the adult content was probably ripped out or censored to hell and back.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Is Clarence Odbody, Angel 2nd class, in this game?

Or maybe he's an Angel 1st class now, since the title implies it's *after* It's a Wonderful Life and he already has his wings.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
This is surprising. If its on Steam than the adult content was probably ripped out or censored to hell and back.

there is an All Ages version produced for consoles,so they will probably use that for the Steam.It added quite a lot,including an extra (and spoiler[happier] ) ending.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's good to see Key putting more of their titles on Steam. Don't think I'll pick this one up since I thought it was not particularly well done and just seemed like an append disc rather than an actual VN. If it goes on sale eventually for pretty cheap then I might pick it up.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I ordered the all ages edition awhile back from J-List, played through the VN using an old translation patch. This is the first Visual Novel I ever played that left me emotionally wrecked for weeks Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Isinfier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Pretty certain that the port is the Memorial Edition, which is 1.5x longer than the original version and removes the H-scenes. Either way, it's only a matter of time before someone patches the H-scenes back in, although they were pretty awful in the first place.

Now, isn't there a Little Buster's port coming as well at some stage?
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:04 pm Reply with quote
If there's not a packaged/hardcopy release, I don't know if I'll bother with it. I have an interest in the game, but without some bits of paper or plastic to go with it... <sigh>

I recently(-ish) received the Clannad VN from the Kickstarter fundraising. It might be a while before I have a chance to play it, though. There's a few Clannad Kickstarter extras still to be produced, but it probably won't be too much longer.
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Doesnt sound like anyone here is excited for it..... in that case;
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
TOMOYO AFTER, I CANT WAIT!
grooven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:09 pm Reply with quote
LOVE that opening song. Can't wait for it Very Happy I hope they go with the original ending, but i don't think it will.
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:44 am Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
Nyren wrote:

there is an All Ages version produced for consoles,so they will probably use that for the Steam.It added quite a lot,including an extra (and spoiler[happier] ) ending.

They are. That is the opening to the all ages version. You can tell from the "yatte miseru" part of the song, which had some entirely different images (Taken from the various sex-scenes, though zoomed in so nothing explicit was actually shown) in the adult version.

Also, nice, the opening theme is actually subtitled. And all the quotes shown in the intro are as well. I mean, for all I know this is nothing new at all, but all I've seen in terms of official VN translations are a few Mangagamer releases (Da Capo and Shuffle, specifically) and neither of those did that.
Silver4000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:29 am Reply with quote
Hope it's cheaper than Clannad. This is the best girl we are talking about after all.
SaharaFrost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Squee!!!! Definitely going to be picking this one up. Smile Now I just need them to make Little Busters official. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1