• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: My Hero Academia

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RenRen94

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:00 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
RenRen94 wrote:
...Hey Nick, hate to break it to you but Hot Wings is the shipping name for Dabi and Hawks. It's a perfectly acceptable mistake to make, considering Hawks is hot and he has wings Laughing

Quote:
Turns out this duo, who manga fans have taken to calling Hot Wings

I said what I said

Oops, squirrel brain must be kicking in. My bad
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:50 pm Reply with quote
For anybody wondering how long the Todoroki soap opera will last:

spoiler[It's still going.]

Anyways, I always appreciated how the series immediately disclosed that Hawks was a double agent, I hate when writers try really hard to make you believe the obviously not-a-traitor is one.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:35 pm Reply with quote
As if Monoma didn't give me enough reasons to hate him. I was hoping in the back of my mind that Aizawa would choke him until his head popped off of his neck.
db999

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I quite enjoyed this episode even though it was mostly some more setup. I still can’t get over One for All’s actor being the same as Keiicha Maebara from Higurashi. I’ve heard varying opinions about this arc with the fanbase seeming split on it. I can kind of understand because we get a intriguing mystery setup with what’s happening with Deku’s quirk only for it to get kicked to the side for some more school tournament stuff. I’m really enjoying Shinso being added to the group and I hope he gets into the Hero Course, homely class 1A so we can see more of him on a regular basis. The bit I really liked was how his speech about how he isn’t here to make friends, but to win and surpass everyone, they all politely clapped start praying his attitude. His personality seems to be a mix between Bakugo and Aizawa so that’s pretty interesting. But yeah this episode just flew by when the episode ended I was surprised because it didn’t feel like I was watching for that long.
Kabuby 77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:28 am Reply with quote
We all love the fights in these series, but this fight between class a and b seems to me an excuse to fill in and do some recap.
Ohm_0_

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:41 am Reply with quote
Kabuby 77 wrote:
We all love the fights in these series, but this fight between class a and b seems to me an excuse to fill in and do some recap.

Recap involves something we have already seen before. We have only had glimpses of 1B and that is only surrounding TetsuTetsu, Kendo and Monoma. We don't even know a single thing about the rest of them.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Heh, Uraraka's eyebrow twitched when Deku talked about Hatsume.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:58 am Reply with quote
Was just me or they used the excuse of Tsuyu's semi-invisibility to animate certain part
of her anatomy extremely well this episode?
Gasero

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:35 am Reply with quote
Minos_Kurumada wrote:
Was just me or they used the excuse of Tsuyu's semi-invisibility to animate certain part
of her anatomy extremely well this episode?

That angle of Froppy was awkward and I did not like it. I doubt that type of angle would have been used for a male character.

Froppy was talking and they decided to show her butt instead of her face. Weird.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:09 pm Reply with quote
^Relative to these comments I find there are a number of artistic changes this season and especially in Ep92 so maybe those are part of that? Does anyone know if the studio changed this season or maybe there is a new crew?
Marimo0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
^Relative to these comments I find there are a number of artistic changes this season and especially in Ep92 so maybe those are part of that? Does anyone know if the studio changed this season or maybe there is a new crew?

It's still done by Bones. Same directors and screen writer.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:43 am Reply with quote
Ohm_0_ wrote:
Kabuby 77 wrote:

Recap involves something we have already seen before. We have only had glimpses of 1B and that is only surrounding TetsuTetsu, Kendo and Monoma. We don't even know a single thing about the rest of them.

These types of scenarios tend to be used to introduce the audience to characters that haven't been very involved that will factor into a future arc involving the overarching bad guys of the series. The audience might not feel invested in the stakes of some character they barely know fighting a villain, and dumping it right before a confrontation tends to fall flat since it seems like a last minute attempt at characterization.
tywhoppity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:23 pm Reply with quote
This show is starting to look like 60s Batman..... Rolling Eyes
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
the power of decay as an extant for of life

I assume there's an extra word in there, but since I don't know what this power actually is, I can't tell which word is extra, or even what the sentence means. Both "decay as an extant of life" and "an extant for life" sound like nonsense to me. Confused I'm also unfamiliar with the use of "extant" as a noun rather than an adjective, which confuses me further.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:53 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Quote:
the power of decay as an extant for of life

I assume there's an extra word in there, but since I don't know what this power actually is, I can't tell which word is extra, or even what the sentence means. Both "decay as an extant of life" and "an extant for life" sound like nonsense to me. Confused I'm also unfamiliar with the use of "extant" as a noun rather than an adjective, which confuses me further.

Actually a lot simpler than that. I missed the m on the end of "form"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 73 of 81