• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: My Hero Academia

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Besides Stain, there are just so many things coming soon that I still can't wait for.

spoiler[Iida taking up the mantle of "Ingenium" from his brother.]

spoiler[Shigaraki's "It's all about All Might" face.]

spoiler[Toga. Just... Toga. Her and everything about her I cannot wait to see animated.]
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:05 pm Reply with quote
^I'm not entirely sure we'll see all of those this season

At the current pace of the adaptation, and a total of 25 eps for Season 2, My guess is we're either going to end spoiler[with the midterm test battles, possibly reconfigured to finish with Deku/Bakugo] or possibly spoiler[expanding the Stain arc with episodes about the other students' internships, to end with the fallout from Stain].

I'd love to be proven wrong, or at least get a confirmed Season 3 though.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:23 am Reply with quote
Hmm, yelling "Die!" while delivering the finishing blow in a mere tournament doesn't quite seem very sportsman-like, let alone hero-like.

Loved Todoroki's shot at his dad. I hope Deku has a story ready for when his classmates ask him who All Might was. They seemed shocked enough by him that they'd surely ask him.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:17 pm Reply with quote
FireballDragon wrote:

spoiler[Toga. Just... Toga. Her and everything about her I cannot wait to see animated.]

yeah, she somehow managed to become my favorite character, even more os after we learned what her power is.
Drunk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:25 pm Reply with quote
"I guess I'll have to wait and see where else this arc is going to fit into the broader story, because I'm pretty surprised at how self-contained it feels right now."

IMO, one of the main purposes of this arc was to show that Deku isn't quite ready yet to take on the role as All Might's successor . It also contained a lot of development for the other characters.
Nodz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Bakugo is an extremely annoying character. I am wondering if the show is worth to keep watching as he is so dislikable. Sure people are analyzing him and apparently he's some kind of tsundere, but he hasn't been nice since the begining of the anime and keep being a jerk to everyone.
Gore17

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
Bakugo is an extremely annoying character. I am wondering if the show is worth to keep watching as he is so dislikable. Sure people are analyzing him and apparently he's some kind of tsundere, but he hasn't been nice since the begining of the anime and keep being a jerk to everyone.

A bit of a spoiler, but spoiler[he'll have only a minor presence in the next arc.]
Marimo0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:47 am Reply with quote
Gore17 wrote:
Nodz wrote:

A bit of a spoiler, but spoiler[he'll have only a minor presence in the next arc.]

spoiler[Though given the rate the chapters are being adapted, I get the feeling we'll have the arc after the Stain arc too. And a big part of that arc is Bakugo and Midoriya.]
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:19 am Reply with quote
This might be a minority opinion but i find Bakugo kind of adorable. He even screams DIE!!! at his germs while brushing his teeth, how is that not cute, come on?! Laughing

Granted, i didn't care much about his bullying of Deku, but that has been toned down quite a bit this season. He's a rather refreshing character for a shounen show, actually being "the angry kid" but without a quest for revenge or a tragic backstory (though he might still have that, i'm not a manga reader...) like it's usually the case - he just wants to be THE BEST!!!

And when he fights, he goes all out no matter what, i liked how he didn't treat Uraraka "like a girl". And of course, he wants his opponents to go all out as well because else victory's not worth anything. That's not the worst of attitudes if you ask me. He's definitely a little shit but at least he's an honest little shit! Smile
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Bakugo is a guy you can respect, but not like. I suspect that'll change, eventually.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:13 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Bakugo is a guy you can respect, but not like. I suspect that'll change, eventually.

considering it can happen to saskue who was more or less an emphatic smart ass, but without the volcanic temper , anything's possible. though todoroki is more like saskue than bakugo. he is more or less like a volcanic version of DBZ's vegetta who just like him have massive chips on their shoulders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:16 pm Reply with quote
B-? really? I thought this episode was super fun. Tons of fun character interactions, Deku once again showing us he's the best MC, the cutest and most heartwarming family moment of the year so far(kid Deku and best mom are too damn cute!) and we saw Iida slowly but surely going toward a darker path. Either you weren't in the mood or something but nothing had to be sped up here. The pacing was perfect. Also B- is kind of low. Not sure I get that score.
ETX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Just thought I'd leave a comment to remind people there's no episode next week. For the die-hard fans of this series I'm sure you'd already know, but for everyone else there ya' go.~
Taihair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Good episode. Reviewer complaining about pacing just to have something to complain about something.You have to have these type of episodes to set up story and transition into the next arc. This episode did exactly what it was supposed to do. It was funny and developed the characters for their next move. Rushing it would have made the episode feel incomplete. My Hero has done an excellent job of matching the manga, step for step and I hope they continue to do so.
algoshuffler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Uravity and Froppy are the best.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 30 of 81