• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Twin Star Exorcists

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I didn't watch the show for a long time but is it coming back to the manga story next week?
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
I didn't watch the show for a long time but is it coming back to the manga story next week?

Not yet, but there´s a possible development to Arima Tsuchimikado that would be good to see it. Shame for you if you are a purist. As I said, it looks more like a companion piece to the manga, so the fillers are entertaining unlike the one from EP 3-12. You can watch them if you want
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:40 pm Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
Note: I heard that Kinako appears in manga chapter 35, so I think this chapter was for making that connection posible.

Kinako remains an anime-original character. However, rogue Shikigami are shown to resemble him.
Nodz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:11 am Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
Nodz wrote:

Not yet, but there´s a possible development to Arima Tsuchimikado that would be good to see it. Shame for you if you are a purist. As I said, it looks more like a companion piece to the manga, so the fillers are entertaining unlike the one from EP 3-12. You can watch them if you want

Not a purist, but I haven't watch the show for a long time for lack of time, and it wasn't a show I enjoyed on a weekly basis, I'd rather what it all when I can without waiting for the next episode.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:28 pm Reply with quote
20 episodes left...

Hopefully all of these filler bosses get killed off quickly so we can get back to the good stuff. Then again, where the manga is at right now would make for a terrible anime ending, so the next arc would probably end up changed anyways. After a basara dance party of all things I have no idea what to expect from this anime anymore.
drifty1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:23 am Reply with quote
Look, I just don't like this character. All of the other Basra are horrifying and threatening, but this one is just weird and annoying. I personally would rather she be dropped with extreme prejudice. Peace:out.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Picking up?! This aint picking up for Crap, the good old source material that is not there is been wasted away with this...This anime did not deserve this 50 episode Slot but rather a 2 cour one if Im being honest
HIGANO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Hijirimaru is character in the manga...... i think you mean Chijiwa...
People really hate the anime...even fan of the manga like me still enjoy this..
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:26 pm Reply with quote
AmineIdriisi wrote:

I was about to say...
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Name problems have been fix'd.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:56 am Reply with quote
AmineIdriisi wrote:
´

I´ve seen some ep. reviews. Is this series showing us more of the guardians? That´s a good idea, as we know little from them in the manga up to this point. And even them, "people only care about the source material. Itz da best". I wonder how they will qualify this adaptation. At least it´s not Tokyo Ghoul.

And also, you mean that the name of the 11 basaras are like rank titles? But I think they dont have the same appearance as these(not that I´m being a purist)

FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
There is no connection between the anime-original Basaras and the 11 Basaras from the manga.
James_Beckett
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
There is no connection between the anime-original Basaras and the 11 Basaras from the manga.

It's true, there isn't. I keep a list of the Basara from both the manga and the anime as reference if needed, and I accidentally got the names crossed in my writeup. Thank you guys for pointing out the error!
HIGANO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:18 pm Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
AmineIdriisi wrote:
´

I´ve seen some ep. reviews. Is this series showing us more of the guardians? That´s a good idea, as we know little from them in the manga up to this point. And even them, "people only care about the source material. Itz da best". I wonder how they will qualify this adaptation. At least it´s not Tokyo Ghoul.

And also, you mean that the name of the 11 basaras are like rank titles? But I think they dont have the same appearance as these(not that I´m being a purist)

They have no plan to adapt anything from the manga. form ep 19 to the end of the show will be orginal anime stuff....
and there no connection between anime and manga...the anime is more like another dimension from the manga...
HIGANO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
SkerllyF wrote:
AmineIdriisi wrote:
´

They have no plan to adapt anything from the manga. form ep 19 to the end of the show will be orginal anime stuff....
and there no connection between anime and manga...the anime is more like another dimension from the manga...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 16