• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Big Order

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrunkAyanami
Get off my lawn

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
He finally broke lol.

One of us... one of us... one of us... one of us...

But seriously, stuff like this comes around maybe once a year if we're lucky. Even Chaos Dragon had some redeeming qualities... I guess....

Last series I remember being this incomprehensible and censored and actively awesomely-bad was Pupa, and I could only get a 3 min shot of that per week!
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Only get better, only? So the writers blew a gasket?
crx07

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Based on your comments, I can conclude that this anime is a Big Disorder.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
Dear Mr. Beckett (bucket, Laughing ), you said not to feel sorry for you so "do your best"! This show makes me wonder if there is really a manga/LN with an actual cogent story and this anime is just F'n it up "big time" or if the original material is this disjointed. Really, the dialog in this episode is borderline non-sequitur. I wished for more of last episode's off the wall lunacy, but instead got a confusing and annoying mixture of "secret government experiments with not-magic science and technobable", "inscrutably mad scientist" and the ever unpopular "nothing is what we told you it was" with a dose of "since we're all girls here, why don't we get naked and talk about your brother?". And yet another reason for shooting people that come up with acronyms, makes me think of the dialog explaining what S.H.I.E.L.D. means in Marvel's TV series of similar name Ep1. I may stay for the last three (?) episodes out of morbid curiosity but I feel like "checking out" like Eiji does here.
James_Beckett
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Dear Mr. Beckett (bucket, Laughing ), you said not to feel sorry for you so "do your best"! This show makes me wonder if there is really a manga/LN with an actual cogent story and this anime is just F'n it up "big time" or if the original material is this disjointed. Really, the dialog in this episode is borderline non-sequitur.

It's funny, a big reason that I watched it through twice was because I was legitimately getting so lost during some of the conversations, I was worried Crunchyroll's player was skipping around on me. I'm glad that I'm not just losing my marbles Anime hyper

And I would give anything for a return of the Fish Gun.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Wow I have never see such a low rating on ANN before, how much does this fail? Is this like Ichi the Killer OVA levels of bad.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:59 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Wow I have never see such a low rating on ANN before, how much does this fail? Is this like Ichi the Killer OVA levels of bad.

You apparently haven't seen the ratings of Shippuden during Jiraiya's Ninja Scrolls or the worst episodes of Chaos Dragon, I guess. Those were less than 1 stars
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:04 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

zrnzle500 wrote:
You apparently haven't seen the ratings of Shippuden during Jiraiya's Ninja Scrolls or the worst episodes of Chaos Dragon, I guess. Those were less than 1 stars

The reviews of Psycho-Pass 2's episodes #9 & #11. It was before the implementation of the Community Rating, though.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:36 am Reply with quote
I can't say I agree with Mr. Beckett this week, the action and dialog this week was at least understandable. Where it's all going is opaque as hell though. And Iyo is still the best thing about this show, she can't possibly be creepy. I mean, Sena got her way so why not Iyo? I just hope if this comes out on DVD there is an "uncut" version Twisted Evil
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:58 am Reply with quote
>why anyone is doing anything

Its simple,

MC - Wants to keep boning his imouto.
Imouto - Want her onii-chan to keep boning her.
Bunny girl - wants MCs babies.
Other girls - Want to be boned by the MC
Dad - Probably wants to bone his daugther.

Dunno about the rest.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:20 am Reply with quote
@Rederoin Well, looks like you're too right!! Sena could almost have told Rin "Eiji's mine to bone bitch! You don't have a chance". Man, Eiji's one stone stud, even Iyo having sex with him couldn't get him to succumb! How is she still a Miko exactly? I guess next week will put all this to rest since they seem to be following the manga from what has been said so far.

Edit: Saving comment space, I also felt this was coming off a little Eva-esque but instead of "what does it all mean?" we get "who cares? you get your own fantasy world". As for anti-climax, Sena in her skimpy outfit wouldn't "off" her onii-sama that way. I'll bet they need to perform a "coupling ritual" before the gate for it to open to the spirit-world. So, that's why Gennai needed to wait ten years... Like Pierrot said, Ganbatte James! We'll look back at this next year and laugh... (nah)

Last edited by Hiroki not Takuya on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Lambstein

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quote
A reliable site confirmed that the manga will end in 10 volumes which means like 9-11 chapters to go.. the anime already covered up to chapter 35 or sth leaving only around 10 chapters
cant see a possibility for a second season, maybe a short movie or sth..
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
Ganbatte James. Just one more episode left.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Well, that was easy. It seems "God" was over-rated after all, but at least this wasn't Eva 2-point-oh-oh. Someone suggested an OVA "movie" might be in the offing and I think that is the plan with this ending. Not that such will happen if the ratings in Japan are as bad as on ANN. I might watch that if only to see if Eiji gets to "do" Sena (again), or Rin or Iyo (for reals?) or maybe even Daisy. Or all four, with swimsuits Twisted Evil
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:51 am Reply with quote
This show is glorious trash. It gets nearly everything about competent storytelling wrong and yet is still strangely compelling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7