• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rewrite TV Anime Features Untold '6th Route' About 'That Girl'

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaylenCypher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:31 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Razor/Edge wrote:
On one hand, i'm sad to see that this won't be exactly following the visual novel, and there were some scenes I was really looking forward to seeing animated.

One the other hand, this mentions this won't be an attempt to combine and cover all routes in one story, like Air, Kanon, and (sort of) Clannad. (haven't seen Little Busters yet) So a completely story focused around one of the girls should make for a better story, overall.

VN purists are going to be mad, but this was probably the best option for adapting Rewrite.

Sadly, this isn't like other VNs. In Rewrite, spoiler[EVERY Route actually matters. They all actually DO happen and are relevant to the end story. Realizing this was one of the best parts of the VN for me personally.]. This is why so many people say "Rewrite anime won't work". It would require a lot of episodes (48ish) without adding anything. Adding a "6th" route is weird. They did say they were changing the middle and end of the story though....so this probably won't even be "Rewrite", but rather just an anime with the same name and characters, sadly.

In the end, the more I hear about this, the less excited I get and the more scared I get that my favorite VN's anime will be garbage. I really hope I'm wrong but 8-Bit pretty much as a 100% track record of making less than good adaptations and all these changes they're said they're making don't add up to promising stuff.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1482310&show=800#msg45658634

^You might want to read all that as well as the link from Zayd. It'll help clear up any misconceptions, misunderstandings, and misinformation.

To hopefully clear up the 8-Bit hate and any other studio grudges. The studio is not the one who decides/dictates the overall episode-count and changes to the anime, that's entirely on the producers. The producers involved in this are Aniplex and Key. THEY'RE the ones who chose 8-Bit to do it for them. (From what I could gather, the producer who decided on the episode-count for Grisaia no Kajitsu was the same person who decided the episode-count for the DEEN F/SN.)

Literally, studios are like construction companies/crews, give them enough money and they can build anything you want. Also recognize their star/key animators and pray that they're involved and work on the show. (I really hope Ryouma Ebata is involved, I've seen a compilation of his animations/sakuga, and I love them. Examples of his work are the OP of Absolute Duo [Ver.2], ED of Dimension W, ED of Sora no Method, and ED of Grisaia no Rakuen, as well as some cuts from across several other shows. He appears to have a walking fetish. Razz)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2