• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Offers English Broadcast Dub for My Hero Academia Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Kb24lol wrote:
Wish this was on toonami, would be easier to watch it on tv then on their website. Hopefully funimation gets their own tv channel.

Dimension aw has a few episodes left. This should be the replacement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
wow I got it so wrong, I thought they were going to cast Sean SCHEMMEL (Goku's Voice actor) as All Mighty, just imagine that though.

Last edited by rinkwolf10 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:18 am; edited 6 times in total
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
Izuku - Huh. I was expecting Josh Grelle due to the similarity in voice. That being said, I've been loving Justin's work thus far, so he shouldn't disappoint.

Katsuki - Of all my predictions, this is the only one I actually got right. Clifford will be great; he's got lots of range and quite a bit of experience.

Ochako - Luci's mostly been doing work for Sentai recently (minus Daimidaler and, obviously, One Piece), so I'm happily surprised she has a Broadcast Dub part. Plus, now she gets to join Stephanie Sheh's club and marry two WSJ protagonists (the other being Luffy - come on, Lydia Mackay's just too old). My predictions were Bryn Apprill or Tia Ballard.

All Might - Chris Sabat? Aw, I was wanting Patrick Seitz or Travis Willingham. Oh well. Maybe it's a way for him to break typecasting with a more-jovial role. He better not pull a Major Armstrong though - I mean, he was perfect in the part, but that Mr. Sparkles doesn't compare to this one.

I also predict J. Michael Tatum as Tenya, Micah Solusod as Shōto, Monica Rial as Tsuyu, Todd Haberkorn as Yuga, Robert McCollum as Fumikage, and Maxey Whitehead as Minoru (list to be updated).

Also, surprise to see this come out so soon. I thought they would hold it off until the end of the Broadcast Dub announcements like with Dimension W.

Last edited by Gemnist on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:42 am; edited 2 times in total
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:43 am Reply with quote
Huh. Suppose it was only a matter of time. Sweet!

Wonder if they're gonna do One-Punch Man?
xchampion

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:44 am Reply with quote
Yes Christopher Sabat may be the safe choice to play All Might but he is the right choice. The moment I read the manga I thought he may be the right choice but when I watched the sub I knew instantly he would be the right choice. I just think he is going to kill it. The role is made for him Very Happy
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
Nice to see that MHA is starting up its broadcast dub soon, but here's 1 thing that kinda irked me, and would have been nice, but oh well, same like this person.

Gemnist wrote:
All Might - Chris Sabat? Aw, I was wanting Patrick Seitz. Oh well. Maybe it's a way for him to break typecasting with a more-jovial role.

This, in a way, tnx for mentioning Seitz, cause to me, he really sounds like he would really fit All Might justice, it just makes sense he would play a buff dude again, like he did for KLK (and OP), lol.

FireballDragon wrote:

That is in Viz's hands, not Funi, but I doubt they'll do it soon someday too. It would make good sense that both "Hero" shows get good dub treatments!
AmethystMoon420

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:36 am Reply with quote
At first I read "Justin Briner' as Justin Bieber and I was like WTF?! WHY AND HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!

Well, looking forward to how this broadcast dub will go.
COREY2293

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:24 am Reply with quote
great news!

this has potential to blow up internationally because its superheros.
with naruto on its way out something will be taking its place.
Jedi Master Kirito

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:59 am Reply with quote
Yes! I was hoping for this. Indeed, I just punched the air.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:10 am Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
I also predict J. Michael Tatum as Tenya, Micah Solusod as Shōto, Monica Rial as Tsuyu, Todd Haberkorn as Yuga, Robert McCollum as Fumikage, and Maxey Whitehead as Minoru (list to be updated).

Also, surprise to see this come out so soon. I thought they would hold it off until the end of the Broadcast Dub announcements like with Dimension W.

J. Michael Tatum is always the guy in glasses. If not him, Jerry Jewell can work as Tenya too. I agree with Monica Rial as Tsuyu, but I'm not familiar with Robert McCollum's work. I'd imagine Todd Haberkorn as Kirishima, Eric Vale as Shouto, Vic Mignogna as Yuuga, and Greg Ayres as Minoru.
Sanyo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:30 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
> Chris Sabat as All Might

Well this cast choice doesn't surprise me. Might look forward to this to see how this.
I expected All Might to be Chris Sabat, nobody can pull off an extremely deep powerful voice like him.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:09 am Reply with quote
Knew this was coming. Luci Christian was a nice surprise though.

Okay, who wants to spin the Wheel of Monica Rial? Anyone? My money's on Tsuyu Asui.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:01 am Reply with quote
FireballDragon wrote:
Huh. Suppose it was only a matter of time. Sweet!

Viz already has said they are in the casting process. I'm going with Vic Mignogna as Saitama (not because he played Ikkaku, I just think he can pull off the range), Johnny Yong Bosch as Genos, and Todd Haberkorn as Sonic.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:09 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

J. Michael Tatum is always the guy in glasses. If not him, Jerry Jewell can work as Tenya too. I agree with Monica Rial as Tsuyu, but I'm not familiar with Robert McCollum's work. I'd imagine Todd Haberkorn as Kirishima, Eric Vale as Shouto, Vic Mignogna as Yuuga, and Greg Ayres as Minoru.

I don't think Jerry can pull it off. His voice, for the most part, is geared for the psychopath roles, not really diligent, important people. Robert McCollum is basically Christopher Sabat if he was 20-something years old; he was Jellal in Fairy Tail, Reiner Braun in Attack on Titan, and Shibazaki in Terror in Resonance. Todd might be a good Kirishima, but he already plays one fire guy so doing it again may seem a bit lazy. Eric Vale really doesn't play stoic people; he always plays cocky guys with his regular voice or sickly characters. Vic could maybe do Yuuga, but I doubt he can do a Broadcast Dub since he lives in California. I actually gotta completely agree with Greg as Minoru, though. He'll be perfect knowing his roles.
NieR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:19 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to checking out the first episode of the dub. I knew it wasn't going to happen, but it would have been awesome to hear All Might voiced by Jamieson Price. It could have been similar to his Rider role from Fate/Zero.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3