• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kickstarter-Funded Under the Dog Anime's Promo Reveals August 1 Release

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brankoburcksen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Hey, Netflix, your chance to have an honest-to-god "original anime series" and not simply be a broadcaster is staring you in the face!

Netflix is working on a completely original anime series with Production I.G. called Perfect Bones.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:10 pm Reply with quote
whitesox123 wrote:
kpk wrote:
Animation does not look as good as that first promo. Not close, WTF?!

Not sure what your talking about, it looks top notch.

Yeah, that animation is pretty great. smooth character movement and cool effects all around. Looks pretty digital in a good way. Like only the best webgen stuff.

Jhechav wrote:
Does anyone know if this is going to be purchaseable? I did back the project but would love to support it!

Well, the trailer says August 1st for backers only, so I'm guessing it'll be purchasable at a later date. It's possibly they plan to sell some at Otakon, or get it out after that.

MarshalBanana wrote:
Lord Dcast wrote:
How long is this? Also will they do the same for each episode?
It is a 24 minute episode

I thought they extended the length to 30 minutes.

brankoburcksen wrote:
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Hey, Netflix, your chance to have an honest-to-god "original anime series" and not simply be a broadcaster is staring you in the face!

Netflix is working on a completely original anime series with Production I.G. called Perfect Bones.

They could always work on more than one series at a time. Netflix is big. They can handle it.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Looking good, can't wait for the full episode in August. I hope this works out and we get a full series.

vcmusik wrote:
After just watching the two trailers side-by-side, I agree with people saying the original looks better. The whole motorcycle chase sequence and the dropping down from a high altitude action scene provides a lot more tension and excitement than just merely running around shooting. This new one just feels a lot more tame compared to the grittiness of the first one. Hope the motorcycle scene comes back in some capacity.

I'd argue that the original promo video was basically a sizzle reel to showcase the action and to generate hype. This new clip is less flashy but I think the animation is still good and more importantly, we're seeing scenes that are actually from the story. That said, I" also hope they all the cool stuff from the original PV.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:29 pm Reply with quote
@relyat08 Yeah I think they did.
Hoofz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I was worried when us backers were notified of delays today, but I'm happy they decided to push it back to make it the product we all expect it to be.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:03 am Reply with quote
A bit underwhelming from the first trailer, but still awesome! Smile I look forward to seeing the finished result.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I wonder when the general release will be. I wasn't really interested in this until after the campaign had ended.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Looks decent, but I'm not exactly expecting much from the story or writing. Their bullshit about "We're the only people who can make smart cyberpunk, give money!" really disgusted me, especially since Psycho-pass and GitS Arise were still ongoing franchises.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:52 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Looks decent, but I'm not exactly expecting much from the story or writing. Their bullshit about "We're the only people who can make smart cyberpunk, give money!" really disgusted me, especially since Psycho-pass and GitS Arise were still ongoing franchises.

I guess we'll soon find out what it is that led them to pursue this sort of funding. I don't think it could have possibly been in their best interests to turn down offers for a full 26 episode TV series unless they were requiring some pretty significant changes to the story. I don't really think it was them saying they were the only ones who could make smart cyberpunk. More that they are the only ones that could make this specific cyberpunk story right now. They obviously really wanted to, but the Production Committee system was not giving them the creative freedom they needed to make it happen the way they wanted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2