• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yona of the Dawn Manga Goes on Indefinite Hiatus After Kumamoto Earthquakes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rheiders

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Oh no! I hope and pray that she and her family are alright.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Glad she's alright. Take your time and come back when you're ready.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Don't Worry about it..... I just hope everything is alright. you can take your time and when u can..u can get back to it. Hope everything is alright.
Aquamine-Amarine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I hope she and her family are all right, as well as the other people affected by the earthquake. Sad
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:26 pm Reply with quote
To the ANN team: You mean to say "seen" not "sun".
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Ah darn this earthquake, hope she recoveres well from all this. I just picked up the manga the other day because i couldnt wait anymore for that possible 2nd season some day maybe....
But judging from the article the hiatus will probabaly be short few releases perhaps skippin.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:37 pm Reply with quote
NOOO! (But I do hope all is well)
lys

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:00 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Ah darn this earthquake, hope she recoveres well from all this. I just picked up the manga the other day because i couldnt wait anymore for that possible 2nd season some day maybe....
But judging from the article the hiatus will probabaly be short few releases perhaps skippin.

Maybe you picked up the manga in Japanese (or French?) but if you're talking about reading an unofficial release, I'd strongly encourage you to wait for the official English release this August! (with a new volume every other month following.) It's a series well worth a little wait, and then you can look forward to the new releases without having spoiled yourself for all the new developments :)

From Kusanagi-sensei's twitter, it sounds like she and her family and friends are all safe, which is great news! I expect the hiatus is only until things in the region settle down to normal again, but I'm happy to wait patiently until that time.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully, whatever has brought this about (obviously fall out from the quake, but we don't know specifics) isn't something too series (hope no one Kusanagi knows is in danger etc). I'll be buying the manga, as I'm sure it is up for pre-order. So, seeing as there's about 2 years worth of volumes, we English readers may not feel much of an impact of this hiatus.

Most important thing is for Kusanagi to settle whatever she needs to settle. I hope all goes well for her.
+ 光

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:38 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
I'll be buying the manga, as I'm sure it is up for pre-order. So, seeing as there's about 2 years worth of volumes, we English readers may not feel much of an impact of this hiatus.

20 Volumes - every other month - 6/7 releases a year - so 3 years. That's more than enough time. I feel sorry for the Japanese following this month to month, but I understand that it's even more important for Kusanagi to properly recover from this.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:15 am Reply with quote
Oh, yeah...was off there. Don't know why, but was thinking that the release was going to be monthly. Laughing
Ame_Sama19

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:56 am Reply with quote
+ 光 wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
I'll be buying the manga, as I'm sure it is up for pre-order. So, seeing as there's about 2 years worth of volumes, we English readers may not feel much of an impact of this hiatus.

20 Volumes - every other month - 6/7 releases a year - so 3 years. That's more than enough time. I feel sorry for the Japanese following this month to month, but I understand that it's even more important for Kusanagi to properly recover from this.

Some of Viz's new license are going in a diffrent pattern of 6/7 releases a year, Haikyuu for example going to have 5 volumes in 5 months. (From Aug to Dec this year)

Edit: just checked and it's going to be 7 volume in 7 monther from July 2016 to January 2017.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:49 am Reply with quote
Oh, so Yona will be on a monthly release schedule...for 7 months. Did the source you read that from mention if it is changing beyond next January, or is that not known? Maybe dependent on sales?
lys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:20 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Oh, so Yona will be on a monthly release schedule...for 7 months. Did the source you read that from mention if it is changing beyond next January, or is that not known? Maybe dependent on sales?

No, Yona is on a bimonthly schedule (August, October, December... etc). The poster above was talking about Haikyuu coming out monthly, but Viz regularly gives its shounen titles sped-up monthly releases, while bimonthly seems to be the fastest they go with shoujo series catch-ups. With the length of some Jump series and the frequency of their releases in Japan, it does make sense to catch up as quickly as possible. Yona only has 2-3 books/year in Japan, so the 6book/yr rate we're getting in English will still catch up before too long.
Ame_Sama19

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:07 pm Reply with quote
lys wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

No, Yona is on a bimonthly schedule (August, October, December... etc). The poster above was talking about Haikyuu coming out monthly, but Viz regularly gives its shounen titles sped-up monthly releases, while bimonthly seems to be the fastest they go with shoujo series catch-ups. With the length of some Jump series and the frequency of their releases in Japan, it does make sense to catch up as quickly as possible. Yona only has 2-3 books/year in Japan, so the 6book/yr rate we're getting in English will still catch up before too long.

Does europe schedule different than american? When I say europe I mean to those same viz titles, the schule in site like book depository is like this: August, October, November.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2