• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yona of the Dawn Manga Goes on Indefinite Hiatus After Kumamoto Earthquakes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Ame_Sama19 wrote:
Does europe schedule different than american? When I say europe I mean to those same viz titles, the schule in site like book depository is like this: August, October, November.

I'd guess that's an error in the BookDepository listing? The schedule for Yona is every-other month, and Amazon.com lists v3 for Dec 6. International vendors can be a little ahead of or behind schedule, depending on when they receive the shipment of books from the printer: books are often printed about a month before release date to allow for distribution to stores, so if BookDepository got its shipment right away and decided to send them out early, one could get a copy before the official date, but I wouldn't depend on it.

(finding books ahead of release date isn't unheard of in the US either: I've gotten the last couple months' Shojo Beat releases like two weeks early from my comic shop.)
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Interesting the BD has different dates compared to Amazon. I would've thought they'd be the same, as doesn't Amazon own BD...?
lys

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:28 am Reply with quote
We may getting a little off topic (but hey, anything in the name of hopefully getting sales/attention for the series!) but I just checked BookDepository myself like I should've done in the first place. As of this writing, the dates are Sept/Nov/Dec for Yona 1-3. So the first two are listed a month behind (which makes more sense for an international vendor than being early), and the third matches the official release date.

It's nice to have exact, dependable release dates, but since I order through a comic shop (which uses a different distribution method than bookstores), I've grown used to getting books early, late, and occasionally right on time. I just look at dates as rough estimates.
manapear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Ohh, that's unfortunate. I'm glad that she and her loved ones seem to be well, though who knows about the state/conditions of their homes and everything. (Or others they were close to.)

I hope all of Kumamoto is able to recover in a timely fashion, and hopes and prayers to all that are injured or lost someone.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:57 pm Reply with quote
@lys - Well, that is interesting. I usually buy all my manga (new releases) from BD. And, this is the first time I've seen a manga listed on there that has a later release date than it would in the USA.

With all the new release manga I've ordered from BD, they usually arrive on the day their meant to be released in the US, or a little earlier. Most recently, I got my copy of Servant X Service 2 days before it's release date. But, there are some Viz manga that get sent to me on the US release date too.

The only current (cause Yona hasn't started) ongoing series I get that is from Viz's ShojoBeat line is So Cute It Hurts. And, usually, that arrives early or on the day or release. I wonder why things are different for Yona...

One thing to note, sometimes BD's dates can change all of a sudden. There have been times when I've ordered a manga, only to notice that it has been sent to me a few weeks earlier than the release date that it was listed at when I ordered it.

Oh well, even if BD does get it later, it won't matter to me. I'm just happy that the series was licensed, and I can place it on my shelf next to NG Life! And, I do remember the SB twitter hinting at the possibility of getting more of Kusanagi's series if Yona does well. Would love for that to happen, and would like a re-printing of NG Life...even though my TP copies are in good shape, still would like a newer version. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2