• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: To Love-Ru Darkness Artbook Gets More Lewd With Nudity-Revealing App

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I pray for your continuing service as a savior. Very Happy
Xavon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. And yet the convenient censoring continues...
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Well then.. I guess augmented reality is our future.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:23 pm Reply with quote
i really hope they make more season we simply dont get many harem animes where we got a girl that actualy wants it to end it as harem and i think TLR darkness sold good enough to show them that its still worth doing more Smile
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:14 am Reply with quote
So how does this work exactly? Is the nude image then shown via the screen of the phone as you scan over it?
Or is it somehow actually displayed on the pages of the book?
Bablioteca

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:17 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
So how does this work exactly? Is the nude image then shown via the screen of the phone as you scan over it?

Most AR apps use the phone screen to show the image based off a tag on the page, so it's kind of like using a magnifying glass to see invisible ink. Though this sounds a bit more like a step forward which is interesting. Law of first adopters and all that.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:48 am Reply with quote
"Editorial note: this is a bellybutton."
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
Bablioteca wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

Most AR apps use the phone screen to show the image based off a tag on the page, so it's kind of like using a magnifying glass to see invisible ink. Though this sounds a bit more like a step forward which is interesting. Law of first adopters and all that.

Thanks. That's pretty cool actually, if it works correctly.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:59 am Reply with quote
This does seem pretty cool but wouldn't it be easier if the book was filled with nude pics already so that way your other hand is free to well you know. Wink
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:55 am Reply with quote
I must admit, this idea really is rather brilliant. One that very well laughs at censorship laws.

Instead of limiting distribution under age-appropriateness or being curtailed by censorship laws, now you can have varying degrees of artwork based on the age group. For an example, TLR physical manga would have the girls with proper attire, while with this app, you get the artist's "original intent".

Though personally, I wonder how much extra work Kentaro has to do, to draw two layers worth of artwork?
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:02 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Thanks. That's pretty cool actually, if it works correctly.
Really depends on the app. Some aren't too bad but they always trouble showing a consistent image.

Marvel comics had an AR app, it did add some really interesting stuff features such as giving you a preview of the comic in the form of a skit if you scanned the cover. The material you'd get from the actual comics included interviews, motion comics, sound effects, and the like. The problem was that it was terrible at scanning pages (probably due to them being so complex) and worst of all they rotated out what you could scan for newer comics (which really sucked for people like me who buy their comics in trade format). The AR feature is long gone now as the symbol is no longer present in their books.

No idea if you own a 3DS but if you do check out the preinstalled AR Games software to get an idea. It's consistent due to the simplicity of the cards and interesting since 3D models appear from the card. The games are nothing special but it's cool how it involves you moving the system around the card to get a better view.

AnimeLordLuis wrote:
This does seem pretty cool but wouldn't it be easier if the book was filled with nude pics already so that way your other hand is free to well you know. Wink
At least you don't have to hide this from your parents?
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:59 am Reply with quote
To Love-Ru Darkness is really unusual when it comes to approaching the boundaries of hentai subject matter. I think that's part of the charm of that series.

I wouldn't be surprised that a third anime series, dealing with spoiler[Nemesis], comes out in 2017.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:17 am Reply with quote
No thanks, I will take tissue box illustration over AR anytime.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Sacto0562 wrote:
To Love-Ru Darkness is really unusual when it comes to approaching the boundaries of hentai subject matter. I think that's part of the charm of that series.

I wouldn't be surprised that a third anime series, dealing with spoiler[Nemesis], comes out in 2017.

yeh would be probably interesting to see and it would be nice that we would finnaly get some progress with the harem i think they have reached that point now, specialy since the rito seems to like that idea more and more^^ wish more harem animes had a momo character Razz
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
A nice way for one to secretly fulfilll his...inner desires while on break.
I wonder what sort of risque hi-jinxes the Deviluke Sisters will think of next? Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2