• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Qualidea Code (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
femblem17

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:37 pm Reply with quote
This show is something that I like a whole lot for the simple reason that it is that it has a samurai girl.I gonna watch it I want to see A new season of it.

Edited to remove overquoting and off-topic discussion. --willag
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Hime lost her sword? No problem, she can fight the Unknowns with that huge death flag she's been waving around.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
This show....

Well, we got a bit more background storytelling about Hotaru this week. Not surprised that she came at the right time to help Hime.

Doubt any of the main characters are dead. I'm guess there's something related to the worlds they're in and the Unknown seems to know that. Maybe Hotaru too. I wonder what she said at the end...?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
They ran out of budget again...

I'm glad Hime didn't die, but it looks like she's gone rogue. Having her chip destroyed let her see something she clearly didn't like...
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, if my read of what's going on is correct, they now have an in-universe explanation for running out of budget.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Was it just me, or was half of the episode unfinished? As the episode went on I started to notice more and more that it felt like the images did not fully represent the sounds and what was supposed to be happening, but it got pretty bad at the end. I do recognise that there was supposed to be some portrayal to the audience that we are only seeing part of what others could see, but rather than that being what was happening, I am pretty sure they decided to try and hide scenes were not done in time by picking the ones to do so. It actually makes me a little annoyed because there was supposed to be some big revelation hinting, but it was just not done in time. I can recall similar examples from Bakemonogatari, and the infamous episode of Wizard Barristers, which I don't think it quite reach as bad.

Apart from that. It seems like the series is building up to a big twist. The likely ones on my mind have been that they are still in cold sleep, or that they were captured by the enemy and are fighting humans. Maybe not as extreme, but I think other possibilities are that they are indeed fighting other people, that perhaps a war broke out between humans with the new technology, and the three cities thing has been one group keeping the kids under control. Actually, I am somewhat betting that the mysterious boss that we saw is actually Canaria. The chip malfunctioning in that area allowed her to be extracted, knowing the truth she came in to save more of the Tokyo people, and her ability is making her allies stronger, while Hime thought that it was just making her weaker.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Suzaku's really losing it..that rage of his just doesn't seem to settle down not that I'm surprised with Canaria gone.

I find it odd that half of the main cast aren't present in the show at the moment.

The Chigusa siblings got lot of screen time although I find some moments to be..awkward. Not really surprised that the higher ups decided o make their move with one of them drugging Kasumi. They were suspicious from the start and the writing for this series is pretty predictable. I really hope they explain a bit more about that chip on the back of their necks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:12 am Reply with quote
Just because they are not present, it does not mean they are actually dead, and with the holes in their reality starting to show up, we are building to something. With the siblings being the main characters of the episode, I could not help but continue to think how much it is like watching Hikigaya Hachiman, and probably his sister. Which kind of made me feel happy as being like having the type of character, just without the usual stuff that ways the character down in SNAFU.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote
Just because it may be predictable does not mean that the storytelling isn't done well or that it is not enjoyable to watch. At least for me, even though I think I have figured most of it out I still am eager to see the next episode.

There are two factions maybe three that are at play here. One is Central who may be the ones who Hotaru was "working" for before she was reunited with Hime. Two are the invadersspoiler[/rescuers?] The third maybe a group that disagrees with Central's policy's which Yunami & the commander are a part of who have yet to openly rebel.

I doubt we have seen the last of that bitch that got iced. Anyway I can't wait to see how this unfolds.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:
This episode felt boring at first especially the first half. Development got better in the latter.

Suzaku's character really has gone emotional throughout this series.

The guys got a decent moment this episode though between Kasumi and Suzaku. In the meantime, Canaria appears...not even a bit surprised. I would of been much more surprised if we never saw her again. Now I am certain Hotaru and Hime are out there somewhere in that world. Kinda curious about the world they are in though as the chips on them made them see things that weren't really there.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Now I am certain Hotaru and Hime are out there somewhere in that world.

They were in this episode.

Not really an original twist, but I think they executed it well enough. If only the production values weren't so piss poor.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:26 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the production values are really hurting this, it feels like several scenes are meant to have impact, but because it unfinished they are left with just a panning shot or something. Almost starting to think that it is done on purpose as to sell DVD and BD to watch the final product.

The twist was really easy to see from a mile away. It was actually pretty easy to pick out Hime when she came in, the large coat like thing over the shoulders of one of the enemy to her, the monster eventually shown as having large fists, and they even showed it one point when the sister had her chip broken, no mystery. Hotaru felt more recognisable as one of the monsters having similar hair. For me it was pretty heavy handed.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:02 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Not really an original twist, but I think they executed it well enough. If only the production values weren't so piss poor.

I do not recall any anime that used spoiler[augmented reality] as the twist, it is usually spoiler[full virtual reality or trapped in a computer simulation].

Although this episode openly revealed the twist we still do not know very many details. I am kind of sad that that it only has three more episodes because it has an interesting premise and it could be told from the other sides view point.

The thing I am most interested in finding out is where do Yunami & Asanagi fit in, I have watched this again from the beginning and based on what they have said I am not sure how much they really know about Central. Also, were they actuallyspoiler[ killing real people] when they were destroying the unknown? Well anyway I can't wait to see what the next episode has to offer.
kgw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Cyberd1 wrote:
The thing I am most interested in finding out is where do Yunami & Asanagi fit in, I have watched this again from the beginning and based on what they have said I am not sure how much they really know about Central. Also, were they actuallyspoiler[ killing real people] when they were destroying the unknown? Well anyway I can't wait to see what the next episode has to offer.

Well, if memories serves me well, both talk to Okuni* (treacherous four eyes with a bust) several time and they seemed to know what she really meant. spoiler[Also, Yunami said in past episodes that they should hold the Unknown for a limited time. How did she know how much the attack would last?]

* spoiler[Also, Okuni attack was a heavy-handed way to put Kasumi into action. How do we accelerate the story? Oh, make her attack him for no reason!]
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Right now I'm only in it for the siblings interactions. The twist was sort of predictable from a few episodes ago, but still sort of fine and can lead to interesting territory depending on how it's handled. But it just kind of hurts to see the animation grow more terrible every week. Everything's off-model regardless of how long the cut stays with no movement, vague scenes get repeated with different dialogue on top, and that 'impact' cut of the fight was just kind of pitiful. It easily overshadows the great work the VAs are doing, and that's a shame.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4