• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Barakamon Spinoff Anime Handa-kun Reveals New Visual, Designs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pauladls

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:20 pm Reply with quote
No naru, boring
Hmph!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I've read the manga. It's funny and calming and all, but I think it's mostly to make Handa's fangirls (and fujoshis) to squee in delight Rolling Eyes I don't think I'll pick the anime later but let them have their cake though...
Elves

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the original story's anime quite a lot. A simple little show and premise, but very amusing. I'm interested in watching the "prequel" - so to speak. Smile
tsvkkis

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:30 am Reply with quote
I was expecting a visual for the Handa look alike guy honestly
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:59 am Reply with quote
I feel like this strips the original series of everything that made it worth watching and just sticks it in a highschool? Just from the synopsis and pics I feel like this could been on original series and it would make no difference at all to anything.
lys

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:39 am Reply with quote
It's a different setting and a different story entirely: it's not trying to be Barakamon, and I feel it succeeds at what it is trying to be (a gag manga set in a school full of eccentrics, like Sakamoto-kun or Tanaka-kun, though one with I think surprising emotional depth). Handa is still Handa, but his highschool self isn't exactly the same as his young adult self—which is only natural, because real people also change and grow through various stages of life. Reading Handa-kun has aded a lot to his characterization in Barakamon, and makes some of those later arcs much more meaningful to me.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:52 am Reply with quote
Hmph! wrote:
I've read the manga. It's funny and calming and all, but I think it's mostly to make Handa's fangirls (and fujoshis) to squee in delight Rolling Eyes I don't think I'll pick the anime later but let them have their cake though...

I have no problem with the series, but have to agree after just reading a little that it is indeed fujoshi orientated title at full force.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:20 am Reply with quote
Again, while more Barakamon is fine, what I want is a sequel to the first anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1