• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 5 RPG's New Video Reveals September 15 Date

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gray.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:39 pm Reply with quote
WTF!? Igor voice is terrible...
I know his previous VA died, but couldnt they have found someone with a similar voice and not interely diferent?

Other than that, amazing trailer.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Finally! looks fantastic, the dungeons look so much better than the ones in 3 and 4. That said, are we really going to get an English release this year? Persona 5 is a huge translation job, so I'm curious if it'll really be out in the North America by December.

LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
I feel like I'm going to die if this doesn't get a PS3 release after waiting for it all this time (darn you Catherine). As an obvious candidate for an "M" rating, this better not get censored dammit!

Highly unlikely. Catherine was rated M and except for the box art, nothing was censored in-game.
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Finally! I thought we were never going to get a release day. I might even import this game. The ps3 and ps4 is region free right?

The only JRPG I want more than this game is Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki 3(Cold Steel 3).

Are video games usually that expensive in Japan?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Alexander Granell

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:22 pm Reply with quote
All of my yes!! So hyped for this <3<3
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Just put it in my veins already! Blown away at that trailer. E3 can't come soon enough.
anddo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:09 pm Reply with quote
How am I going to get this and FFXV in the same month?? Aw man I'm gonna be broke.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:42 am Reply with quote
CoreSignal wrote:

LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
I feel like I'm going to die if this doesn't get a PS3 release after waiting for it all this time (darn you Catherine). As an obvious candidate for an "M" rating, this better not get censored dammit!

Highly unlikely. Catherine was rated M and except for the box art, nothing was censored in-game.

Plus, you could actually buy copies with the uncensored box art if you wanted. I did that since I didn't want a censored version, and as an added bones it was one cent cheaper than the censored version, which was amusing to me since I went into expecting to have to pay more to get the uncensored box.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Gray Fullbuster wrote:
I know his previous VA died, but couldnt they have found someone with a similar voice and not interely diferent?

It's pretty much impossible to find a replacement voice actor who sounds exactly much less close to the actor their replacing.
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:38 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Gray Fullbuster wrote:

It's pretty much impossible to find a replacement voice actor who sounds exactly much less close to the actor their replacing.

I hope the English VA remains the same... but then again what if they cook up some in-story reason for why Igor's voice changed? Would the English VA change too? I hope not. I prefer the consistency. Not that it's a big deal...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2