• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tasty Pokémon Recipes Head West in New Cook Book

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Yum! Totally buying that.
GuruBuckaroo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote
"To Serve Pokemon! It's a Cookbook!"

I can't be the only person who read that headline and had really twisted thoughts in my head, can I?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Very yummy recipes, no doubt! Smile It'll be interesting to see what kinds of Pokémon dishes the cooks will bring out of this special cookbook.
dragonballzkaifan

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Sweet might be picking this up when it comes out later the year Very Happy
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:36 am Reply with quote
As someone who really wants to learn how to cook well, this would be right up my alley. This will be a cookbook I'll get. (I didn't really have much interest until watching the Food Network in college, and we weren't allowed to cook where I stayed at because the building was old and highly flammable.)

GuruBuckaroo wrote:

I can't be the only person who read that headline and had really twisted thoughts in my head, can I?

Great, now I can't unthink that.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:49 am Reply with quote
Yum! I'll be buying this.
Henshinbeetle

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
As someone who really wants to learn how to cook well, this would be right up my alley. This will be a cookbook I'll get. (I didn't really have much interest until watching the Food Network in college, and we weren't allowed to cook where I stayed at because the building was old and highly flammable.)

GuruBuckaroo wrote:

Great, now I can't unthink that.

Humans do eat some pokemon apparently, sounds a bit Farfetch'd O-o'' I will see myself out now~!
Seriously though, the pokedex does make a few mentions of Pokemon eating other Pokemon. Kinda disturbing in a way.

Anyway, regarding this book; yummy, I might actually buy this.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:40 am Reply with quote
I'm still under the impression that no one in the Pokemon universe eats meat anymore. I can't remember the last time I've seen someone eating a steak or chicken in the series. All I'll see is them eating vege soup, sandwiches with what looks like lettuce, tomato and mayo, and constant pastries.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:18 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
I'm still under the impression that no one in the Pokemon universe eats meat anymore. I can't remember the last time I've seen someone eating a steak or chicken in the series. All I'll see is them eating vege soup, sandwiches with what looks like lettuce, tomato and mayo, and constant pastries.

A lot of children's media is like that, and has been like that for a long time (such as everything Shaggy eats in Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? from 50 years ago). My guess is to avoid problems with vegetarian families or parents, though I see dairy products and honey all the time so vegans don't seem to be much of a concern.

Henshinbeetle wrote:
Humans do eat some pokemon apparently, sounds a bit Farfetch'd O-o'' I will see myself out now~!
Seriously though, the pokedex does make a few mentions of Pokemon eating other Pokemon. Kinda disturbing in a way.

Anyway, regarding this book; yummy, I might actually buy this.

Not really that disturbing to me, considering that's how real wild animals are. I remember seeing some scenes in Planet Earth that were brutal and somewhat painful to watch. Some Pokémon prey on humans too, like Cacturne and Chandelure (sort of).

I know some food species of Pokémon have popped up more recently, but I can't remember any cases. We do have the Vanillite line and the Swirlix line, however, who resemble food. There was that NPC in Castelia City in Pokémon Black and White who said he was handed a Vanillite at the ice cream shop and almost ate it (and was referenced in one of the TCG's cards for Vanillite).
Henshinbeetle

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Yeah in R/B/G you outright get told people eat pokemon, or in any case Farfetch'd by an Npc in Vermillion - hence why you can only just 1 in those games. They have been hunted to near extinction.
On the flipside you got Pokemon like Victreebell who actually is know to eat people.
Darkrai preys in an entirely different method put still does feed on Pokemon and humans alike.

Pidgeotto also eats Caterpie which has been almost shown in the Pokemon anime, luckily Ash was quick enough o-o''

What disturb me more about the Pokemon universe is the Shuppet, Drowsee and as you already mentioned the Litwick line.
Seriously, I dont even want to know how Dexter knows certain things about especially Ghost Pokemon. You could write an entire Asian styled horror show by just using the Pokedex.
S0N G3CK0

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I am not sure if I can eat a little Pikachu head or not it is just to cute Wink
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Hmmmm! This looks interesting. A "Pokemon" cook book. Hope the recipes are just as interesting. This'll be something to look out for.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1