• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of holy war 4-Episode Special Premieres on August 28

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:59 am Reply with quote
This is an interesting new approach, filling up a cour with what are basically two unrelated mini-series. I wonder if it will be successful.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:37 am Reply with quote
So after this special we will still get that 2nd season or was all that talk about 2nd season actualy meant for this specials? Its kinda confusing me now Razz
Also this specials will continue from where the s1 ended or what sort of material they will be using anyone knows that?
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 11:39 am Reply with quote
So when's Netflix getting the episodes?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:11 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
So after this special we will still get that 2nd season or was all that talk about 2nd season actualy meant for this specials? Its kinda confusing me now Razz
Also this specials will continue from where the s1 ended or what sort of material they will be using anyone knows that?

A sequel tv anime (not necessarily a second season) was announced to air in 2016 and this is that sequal, it will be original content by the mangaka.....
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
#847552 wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:

A sequel tv anime (not necessarily a second season) was announced to air in 2016 and this is that sequal, it will be original content by the mangaka.....

Hmm that kinda sux since there was allot talk about 2nd season was expecting abother 24ep season :/ and well if its original stuff then meh lets see if its any good. Anyway do they perhaps not have enough material for 2nd season or they just didn't wanted to make more at this point and just draining some more money out of people with this specials....
KH91

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
And there you have it for Arslan.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:43 pm Reply with quote
#847552 wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:

Not necessarily true. From the article:
Quote:
The staff has not specified if the announcement last October was for this four-week special.

That announcement may or may not be about these specials. The staff hasn't confirmed or denied that yet.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
#847552 wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:

Hmm that kinda sux since there was allot talk about 2nd season was expecting abother 24ep season :/ and well if its original stuff then meh lets see if its any good. Anyway do they perhaps not have enough material for 2nd season or they just didn't wanted to make more at this point and just draining some more money out of people with this specials....

Don't take that as fact quite yet. The article literally states:
Article wrote:
The anime's staff had announced in October that production on a new television anime series was green-lit for this year. The original announcement of the new television anime series had stated that the new series would feature the same staff, but the official website lists a different staff for the special. The staff has not specified if the announcement last October was for this four-week special.

This special has different staff, so it's still very possible that the special is unrelated to the previously announced TV anime.
COREY2293

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:42 pm Reply with quote
NNT is amazing. the current arc in the manga is so damn good. i think thats why they had delayed the anime and just decided to do specials. the current arc has lasted around 70 chapters and its no where near the end so they probably wanna wait for the arc to end.

this isnt really a spoiler but when the last sin is revealed it more than lives up to expectations. his first fight is just glorious.

NNT is really popular so there will be a 2nd season no doubt about it. the manga also sells really strong.

i wonder what this special is about though... maybe they will be fixing the ending of season 1
Jon23

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:39 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:
#847552 wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:

Don't take that as fact quite yet. The article literally states:
Article wrote:
The anime's staff had announced in October that production on a new television anime series was green-lit for this year. The original announcement of the new television anime series had stated that the new series would feature the same staff, but the official website lists a different staff for the special. The staff has not specified if the announcement last October was for this four-week special.

This special has different staff, so it's still very possible that the special is unrelated to the previously announced TV anime.

Hmm ye true it ha a different staff well guess ill keep hoping then that we get that 2nd season Razz
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
relyat08, I agree with you. I think this short series (mini-series could even be used) as something for the fans to see while the previously announced show is still being developed. If the staff are smart, they would make this other series a full cour.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I hope that this special takes place after the first season and doesn't require any additional manga knowledge. I've been holding out for the second season. Hopefully that's still coming and isn't this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1