• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Heroic Legend of Arslan Anime's 2nd Season Will Have 8 Episodes, July 3 Premiere

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
Well that's weird... I wonder what's going on over there. Surely they didn't just decide that 8 episodes was the perfect length to tell the story they wanted, right? Seems more like some kind of production issue.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:24 am Reply with quote
This reads like it's going to be 8 OVA's. Lets hope it's not another endless 8. Wink
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:34 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Well that's weird... I wonder what's going on over there. Surely they didn't just decide that 8 episodes was the perfect length to tell the story they wanted, right? Seems more like some kind of production issue.

I don't know about the overall story... But 8 episodes is sufficient enough for one arc, which I'm assuming is the Dust Storm Dance in the title.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:55 am Reply with quote
8 episodes? 2-4 OVA's planned?
pandoraking

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
they said in the past it was going to be 8 eps so no surprise here
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:08 pm Reply with quote
8 episodes is very weird. My interest for this second "season" is pretty much gone.
D00dleB0Y

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
It's because there will be a four episode season two of 7 Deadly Sins so the only thing they can do is an 8 episode season 2 for Arslan to fill up the 12 week season.
Drunk

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Is there any info whether the show will be "divided"? Because according to MAL the Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of Holy War 4-part-special (that will air in the same timeslot on Sundays) will start on August 7. That would mean that Arlsan Senki S2 would run for 5 episodes, then the SDS special, and three more episodes of Arslan Senki. Seems weird.

Of course MAL could have made a mistake, because as far as I know, it was only announced that the special will premiere in August, so it's also possible that it will start on August 28.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow, an 8-episode season... I was hoping for a 2-cour, 20-something-episode show, and was preparing to for it to actually be a 1-cour, 12-episode show, but sub-10? I hope it'll connect to a 3rd season...

Drunk wrote:
Of course MAL could have made a mistake, because as far as I know, it was only announced that the special will premiere in August, so it's also possible that it will start on August 28.

I think that's the case here.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:

From a technical point, it may be because Nanatsu no Taizai (specials) shares its time slot and is scheduled for 4 episodes. With this being 8 episodes + 4, it would cover the Summer Season before Gundam Iron Blood Orphans Season 2 returns for Fall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Let's hope we get more after this if things go well. I didn't like how the first season dragged certain things out but it couldn't completely be helped given what it had to tell it less than 25 minutes every week.

Maybe this will speed things up so we don't have to deal with downtime episodes and can get straight down to business every episode.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind this that much. Yes I was expecting it to be at least 2-cour, with like 20-21 episodes instead of another 25, but I guess they don't have enough material for that amount of episodes... I think?

My theory would be that they wanted to air those 4 new Nanatsu no Taizai episodes but an anime season is always 12-13 weeks long so they'd have to get something in the same timeslot to air in the other 8 weeks and there's probably a good reason for them picking Arslan.
Just speculating though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blankslate

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Good. All that's left to do is recapture Ecbatana, so 12 episodes would be way too long.
musouka

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:47 pm Reply with quote
There's plenty of material, even if the series decides to stop at book seven. (They've adapted four out of--by the time the series will be released this summer--fifteen novels) Unfortunately, with this news, it's much more likely we're just going to get horrifically rushed adaptions of books five and six.

Then again, you know they've done a terrible job adapting the series when people honestly think eight episodes would be enough to end it.

Last edited by musouka on Sun May 08, 2016 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
The block they're on is packed with seven deadly sins now Arslan covering a total of one cour and the rest of this year and almost all of next completely full we might not get a third season for a while unless they switch times lots or goto new network
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2