• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Top-Selling Light Novels in Japan by Series: 2016 (First Half)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:48 am Reply with quote
I'm happy that the Monogatari Series, Grimgar and KonoSuba all made it into the top 10 Very Happy and I hope we'll get to see another season of Grimgar as well as the other two
ichii_1

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
Overlord hasn't released a vol yet this year, so this is all backlog sales.
aifhak

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
SAO still proving it's a dominant force in the LN department. I think it's probably the most successful LN series to date.

hard to tell since the more popular ones came along before charting really started iirc.
There's just not enough info on stuff like that and I tried to google some but really couldn't find something for alltime rather than "best selling in -insert a particular year-".
Bakemonogatari or the entire Monogatari series as a whole in particular is most likely outselling SAO since that was before complete charting really started and the BDs sold at least twice as much as SAO, with BDs usually being the weak link of the chain due to prices.

What I could find was something that claims:
Quote:
To celebrate the 15th anniversary of the site's opening, Amazon Japan revealed the top-selling products of each department, including the light novels featuring a comment from the top-selling author.
[...]
Top 3 Best-Selling Light Novels of All-Time [Amazon Japan]:
3rd Bake#2, 2nd Kizu, 1st Haruhi

Link to idk where
No idea how trustworthy that is but seems in line with what you'd expect
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2