• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans Anime Premieres Tonight on Toonami

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dark13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:39 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
dark13 wrote:
you already have no plans on watching the second season, so what your saying makes no sense.

First, I never said anything of the sort, I did say I wouldn't be giving the current season a score until after I watched the other half. So yes I am going to be watching regardless on whether or not my view sways. Second, I was correcting the notion that Heero was less humane than Mika and he really isn't (like at all). It looked like false information and I pointed out how it wasn't, mainly by pointing out things that most people would consider extremely inhumane.
Your right on that Heero said spoiler[he would kill relena] But never had the balls to actually do it, while Mika spoiler[ will kill with out hesitation ] its called being solider of war which ali al sanchez is .
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
its called being solider of war which ali al sanchez is .

Ali was one of the main villains of 00, are you saying you prefer Gundam protags to be perfectly okay with murdering innocent civilians and promoting war crimes for the sake of anarchy/terror? Even if that isn't the case, even Ali actually displayed emotional stimulus, Mika.... Almost never does. In fact Orga would be closer to Ali in terms of actions.

Edit: Guess that's a yes.
Quote:
But never had the balls to actually do it

Starting from episode 2 they did start bonding over the course of the series as hammy as it was, it is safe to assume his heart softened (and it did all things considered).

For the record I gave away no spoilers.

Last edited by DuelGundam2099 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
dark13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:11 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Quote:
its called being solider of war which ali al sanchez is .

Ali was one of the main villains of 00, are you saying you prefer Gundam protags to be perfectly okay with murdering innocent civilians and promoting war crimes for the sake of anarchy/terror? Even if that isn't the case, even Ali actually displayed emotional stimulus, Mika.... Almost never does. In fact Orga would be closer to Ali in terms of actions.
War Changes people even child soldiers, I don't know why your asking for a child soldier to spoiler[show sympathy to the enemy,] shit like that would never fly in the real world, if a gorilla child soldier is spoiler[ broken enough, they will kill with out emotion,] one of the characters have already pointed this out spoiler[ Kudal Cadel] also you really need to add spoiler tags if you want to have this discussion, if you didn't know there are people in this thread who have only seen the first episode, you have to show a little more tact for them at least.

Last edited by dark13 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote
I thought the first episode was great. I hope it does well for Toonami. Also I wish others who have watch the episodes subbed would think of the ones who are coming into this show new who wanted to wait for the dub & not post spoilers that are not appropriately tagged. It ruins it for the uninitiated & is not polite.
redranger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I didn't even know Gundam was premiering until a few hours before. Good thing I checked the guide!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Alrighty then, had some reports about users dragging the thread OT and being rude. So that ends now please. Looking in particular at you both dark13 and DuelGundam. Your petulant arguing is OT and you've both been warned and moderated for this behavior before. I suggest you both agree to disagree & move on before you cross the line. Thank you.
dark13

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Alrighty then, had some reports about users dragging the thread OT and being rude. So that ends now please. Looking in particular at you both dark13 and DuelGundam. Your petulant arguing is OT and you've both been warned and moderated for this behavior before. I suggest you both agree to disagree & move on before you cross the line. Thank you.
I told him if you want to keep this discussion going add spoiler tags and also there was no name calling ( look at the thread for yourself ) I even used the report button like you said last time. ( but this was on spoilers and nothing personal )
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:44 pm Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
I told him if you want to keep this discussion going add spoiler tags and also there was no name calling ( look at the thread for yourself ) I even used the report button like you said last time. ( but this was on spoilers and nothing personal )

What a surprise you want to argue instead of just listening. For starters yes we saw your report. Notice how his post has spoiler tags added now? We saw your report, we checked out his post, we added them. Secondly, you're assuming that you're the only one who sent in a report about conduct in this thread. We often get reports from several users in problem threads on several topics. Plus just because you did send one that doesn't mean you can't be reprimanded for your own behavior as well. Just because a user sends a report in doesn't mean they can then act however they want. Doesn't work that way.

Lastly, I clearly and specifically said stop the OT arguing. I at no point accused either of you of name calling. It's also why I gave a more simple and easy warning. Now I would like to leave it at a simple and easy warning and not have to come back to this thread. So just avoid DuelGundam in this discussion, stop arguing, and just move on back to the topic (which is IBO airing on Toonami) of the thread. It's that simple. Thank you.
captokita

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:22 pm Reply with quote
All in all, I like the dub, but I don't care for JYB as Orga. His voice just doesn't fit. Had I not watched the original first, I'd likely be fine with it.

The rest are fine IMO.

Hope it does well on Toonami.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:33 am Reply with quote
I am watching the because Kudelia has the voice of Lucy Heartfilia. Heck, Kudelia, Lucy, and Sailor V. are 3 notable blond anime girls that the brunette Cherami Leigh has played/is playing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4