• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: AKB48 to Perform Regularly at Universal Studios Japan This Summer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soaringfalco1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Idol Everyday Idol Everyday
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps Elmo and Cookie Monster of Sesame Street are fans of AKB48, by any chance? Wink
Soaringfalco1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Perhaps Elmo and Cookie Monster of Sesame Street are fans of AKB48, by any chance? Wink
yeah they probably are lol, their really pretty though.
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of AKB48, I wonder how Mayu Tomita is doing.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:23 am Reply with quote
So AKB48 will be performing regularly but not everyday yeah that sounds about right after all having to sing everyday without some time off can be pretty hard on the vocals. Surprised
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:43 am Reply with quote
I think it's just a matter of time before AKB48 starts adopting the old Kabuki tradition of passing the same names down from one generation to the next.

Saves money on marketing and all that.
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:08 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
So AKB48 will be performing regularly but not everyday yeah that sounds about right after all having to sing everyday without some time off can be pretty hard on the vocals. Surprised

You shouldn't really worry. They still have their regular theater performances, which actually goes by team rotation or special units going on certain days, and seeing the schedule, they do take multiple days off every month.

Seeing that AKB plus SKE/NMB/HKT/NGT are performing...They do have around 15 teams in total, so they could essentially send one to two teams to Universal per day really.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:09 am Reply with quote
They're even selling cans of air.
I kid ya not. Laughing

Want some canned Japanese idol air? Smartphone virtual crane game offering exactly that as prize

• The paid version is priced at 100 yen a play, but you can bypass that fee by agreeing to watch an ad first. But even those low barriers of entry aren’t “Kami no Te’s” greatest strength. No, that would be the involvement of the game’s producer Yasushi Akimoto. Akimoto is also the producer for idol mega group AKB48, which allows for the synergy of the first prize being offered by “Kami no Te:” cans of air collected from a live appearance by AKB48.

During the group’s general election for its 45th single, 30,000 canisters of air were collected from “above the stage” where the idols appeared.

This puts winners in a bit of a bind. On one hand, the contents of the can represent the tempting promise of being able to, however briefly, breathe the same air as the idols themselves. However, opening up the can means that all of that air is going to escape.

They're copying Spaceballs Perri-Air

Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:14 am Reply with quote
I've read that article on canned idol air, it has to be the most hilarious snake oil sale of the 21st century. No one with common sense will fall for that. There must be a lot of suckers in the fandom, I can see why the idol industry are slowly going towards marketing first and talent last.
D00dleB0Y

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:08 am Reply with quote
zunderdog24 wrote:
Speaking of AKB48, I wonder how Mayu Tomita is doing.

I'm not sure why you mentioned her after AKB48, because she is NOT a member of the group. But as for her condition, she is fine.

Miss Hachiko wrote:
AnimeLordLuis wrote:

You shouldn't really worry. They still have their regular theater performances, which actually goes by team rotation or special units going on certain days, and seeing the schedule, they do take multiple days off every month.

Seeing that AKB plus SKE/NMB/HKT/NGT are performing...They do have around 15 teams in total, so they could essentially send one to two teams to Universal per day really.

Yes that's true, but SKE is NOT performing at Universal Studios Japan. They have an exclusive contract with Nagashima Spa Land (a Japanese theme park) that prevents them from working with anther theme park like Universal Studios Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1