• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Barakamon Spinoff Anime Handa-kun's Video Shows Cast, Staff, Song Artists, July 7 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Preview looks alright, not overly impressive but not bad either. I just hope it will be as funny as the manga is when animated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chocorade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:47 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe they chose another seiyuu for Handa! Don't get me wrong, I like Shimazaki as a seiyuu but, Ono Daisuke was perfect, why would they change it?
Argh, I was so hyped about the anime the first time they announced it! What a bummer.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:08 am Reply with quote
Good choice! Ono wasn't suited for youngsters anyways. It was awkward hearing Ono doing highschoolers.
junijuni23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:25 am Reply with quote
Handa-kun has a different atmosphere compared to Barakamon so I don't mind the seiyuu change. But I disagree with the comment saying OnoD wasn't suited for youngsters.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:40 am Reply with quote
Huh-what? They changed the seiyuus of Handa and Kawafuji? I can understand that it's because of their ages but I liked their older voices. At least, we got Fox 'tails. They 're really good.
Peebs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:48 am Reply with quote
I love Zakki, so seeing the seiyuu change is a bit disappoint. I'll still watch this. The manga is hilarious, and so was Barakamon.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:17 am Reply with quote
I don't like how bi-shonen they made it. It's much more specialized towards one crowd.

Not sure how to feel until it comes out.
lady-leen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:19 am Reply with quote
I was disappointed when I saw that they changed the seiyuus!
Ono & Sawabe were perfect for their roles even if in this spin-off they're in highscool
Nephry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:17 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Good choice! Ono wasn't suited for youngsters anyways. It was awkward hearing Ono doing highschoolers.

Yeah, I agree. I think he could have made it work, but imagining Barakamon Sei's voice coming from a teenager is...frankly jarring to me. Ono has always sounded more natural to me when he has played adult men.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:59 am Reply with quote
ChrissyC wrote:
I don't like how bi-shonen they made it. It's much more specialized towards one crowd.

Not sure how to feel until it comes out.

LOL like the rest of the mainstrean harems out there where they all make the main casts bishoujos? FYI this is a shounen manga and you're the type of a person who judge a book by its cover.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1