• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: XSEED Games to Publish Fate/EXTELLA, Akiba's Beat, Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns Games

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Xseed has already said that Fate will not have a dub.

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/740240715876159488

Personally, I can't think of hearing anyone other than Tange Sakura as Nero, or Saito Chiwa as Tamamo, but I generally prefer original Japanese voicework anyway Razz

Boo that's a very huge bummer =/ Still will get it eventually as Xseed deserves my support and I bet there will be a sweet LE like Xseed always does but I'm the exact opposite. I have great respect for Japanese VA but I don't enjoy Japanese voice acting in the slightest so I always prefer and enjoy dubbed games/anime much more then sub only games. Oh well thanks for linking the tweet though! Anime smile

SoS and Akiba's Beat will most likely have dubs though, the former's a lock and the latter's prequel had dual audio so 2/3 isn't bad Anime smile Haha
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see that Akiba's Beat and the new Story of Seasons will make it out of japan so soon. Very Happy
And on the same note, it would be nice if Akiba's Beat was released on steam too.
midnighteve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I am ridiculously excited for Fate Extrella. I was seriously considering importing the game like I did with CCC even though my Japanese skills have super fallen off the wayside. I'm just curious why CCC was never picked up, side/parallel story or no. I guess there's the "no one cared about the PSP anymore" argument, but a digital release would've been better than nothing... Is the appeal of Extrella the Musou-style combat? I'd love insight from anyone who might know anything :/
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Extella probably got picked up for localization because Fate is now a thing in the West thanks to Zero and UBW.
cosain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:06 pm Reply with quote
"West" generally means America only go figure Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Now waiting for Marvelous International to release it for Europe/ANZ as well soon.
midnighteve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:56 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Extella probably got picked up for localization because Fate is now a thing in the West thanks to Zero and UBW.

I guess it just makes me wonder how the heck we wound up with Extra in the first place? Though Unlimited Codes was also completely unexpected, but I figured it being a fighting game, it had a bit more "universal" appeal.

Ah well, I'd still love to know if anyone had/has insider info on what happened with CCC...
jl07045

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:25 am Reply with quote
midnighteve wrote:
Ah well, I'd still love to know if anyone had/has insider info on what happened with CCC...

I don't think there's more insider info needed than PSP being dead in the West. F/E sales also probably didn't wow anyone.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:17 am Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
Xseed has already said that Fate will not have a dub.

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/740240715876159488

Personally, I can't think of hearing anyone other than Tange Sakura as Nero, or Saito Chiwa as Tamamo, but I generally prefer original Japanese voicework anyway Razz

Glad to hear that. Not because having a choice of a dub bothers me, but sometimes when there is a dub that is all you get.

Also I'm glad they announced this now because there was a decent chance I was going to import it. Although I may still do that if we aren't getting a physical release.

jl07045 wrote:
I don't think there's more insider info needed than PSP being dead in the West. F/E sales also probably didn't wow anyone.

Well F/E itself was horrid. I can't believe they thought that battle system was a good idea. The whole alternate dimension grail war thing was interesting, but even that was hamstrung by literally taking place entirely in a copy of the F/SN school (don't think that is actually stated, but the resemblance makes it seem unlikely to not be intentional).
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:10 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Well F/E itself was horrid. I can't believe they thought that battle system was a good idea. The whole alternate dimension grail war thing was interesting, but even that was hamstrung by literally taking place entirely in a copy of the F/SN school (don't think that is actually stated, but the resemblance makes it seem unlikely to not be intentional).

Pretty sure any similarities between Tsukihimara and Homurahara stem from them both being Japanese high schools.

The reused Taiga and Rin thing was definitely intentional, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2