• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk TV Anime's Teaser Video Previews 9mm Parabellum Bullet's Theme Song

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Souther

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:09 am Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
I see that nobody on here appreciates that the series is even being produced. Yet a lot of you are probably going to torrent it anyway.

I'm wary of how it'll be adapted, and considering how the story's been adapted in the past, I don't think it's that unfounded. Though I think some of the complaints are a bit excessive, I don't think it's a simple matter of ungratefulness either. Anyway, if I don't like how it's adapted, I'll go back to the manga, simple as. And I think most people here have Crunchyroll accounts anyway, so not much need for torrents.
JDude042

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
I see that nobody on here appreciates that the series is even being produced. Yet a lot of you are probably going to torrent it anyway.

I mean yea, it's nice that an anime adaptation is happening, but that's the problem for most people I'm sure. I'm probably one of the many that fall into the category of people who want all the focus to be put into the manga, and then an anime adaptation being created once the manga has finished, so we can have a 100% faithful anime adaptation from the beginning to the end of the story. It seems that Berserk is just doomed to have an incomplete anime adaptation till the end of the time considering the first anime only adapted part of the story, even though I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I guess maybe 50 years from now a full adaptation of the manga could finally happen, but by then I will probably be an extremely old man who doesn't care anymore, or already dead in the worst case. Yes I'm well aware that when a manga gets an anime adaptation, it's more or less a promotion to help boost sales of the manga. I know that's how things work, but that doesn't mean it makes it any less disappointing. I fully understand the benefits of it, but I can't help but feel it's senseless to put forth an anime adaptation that's supposed to tell an open-ended or incomplete story.

Whether people should be grateful or not, opinions exist because people like different things. No one is the same and we shouldn't have to force our beliefs on others. If it's not my cup of tea, I don't have any obligation to get involved with it if I choose not to. It's the same thing with the new Ghostbusters movie and all the disappointment surrounding it for people who for over 20 years wanted a proper third movie, but got a crappy reboot instead. They shouldn't have to throw their money at movie companies towards something they don't want, just because they should be "grateful."
NCHaskew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
So disregarding all these complaints about the CGI (which isn't glorious, but nowhere near as bad as I was expecting), does anyone know/think they'll adapt the Count's arc? The shot of Guts v skeletons by the carriage looks like early footage of the Black Swordsman arc, but the majority of it looks like Conviction arc. What's anyone's theories?

Personally, I'd love it if the Count was included, as that first confrontation between Guts and the God Hand was horrifying.
lanierd2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Every single person on this thread right now complaining about CGI is going to watch this series regardless.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:

Sailor moon crystal's problem was time not budget.

Don't other anime series have a strict schedule to adhere to and still turn out mostly quality animation in spite of that?
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I'll give the series a shot. The 1990s anime was no animated masterpiece either given how low-budget it was during the time. Curious though whether its plot will be based on anything from the manga or an anime-exclusive storyline.

Also, cookie-cutter J-Rock for Berserk? I'd take "Sign" from the PS2 game or some sort of remix with "Forces" from the 90s anime over J-Rock. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Souther

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:04 pm Reply with quote
NCHaskew wrote:
So disregarding all these complaints about the CGI (which isn't glorious, but nowhere near as bad as I was expecting), does anyone know/think they'll adapt the Count's arc? The shot of Guts v skeletons by the carriage looks like early footage of the Black Swordsman arc, but the majority of it looks like Conviction arc. What's anyone's theories?

Personally, I'd love it if the Count was included, as that first confrontation between Guts and the God Hand was horrifying.

Titles for the first 5 eps are down at the bottom (http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/ap/berserk.html), others have translated them, and it's either cut out or very condensed. We're definitely not getting Lost Children. They're moving into Tower of Conviction in 5 eps.
plague1ftw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:27 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Titles for the first 5 eps are down at the bottom (http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/ap/berserk.html), others have translated them, and it's either cut out or very condensed. We're definitely not getting Lost Children. They're moving into Tower of Conviction in 5 eps.

Lol, unfaithful adaption confirmed! Why is every Berserk Anime doomed from the start? If the Animation is as bad as the trailer suggests it's only redeeming quality would have been to be the first complete, uncondensed and faithful adaption of the story. I don't get how Miura is signing off all those crappy projects.
xjkpop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:51 am Reply with quote
I'll hold judgement on this until I see the first episode.
JDude042

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:35 pm Reply with quote
plague1ftw wrote:
Lol, unfaithful adaption confirmed! Why is every Berserk Anime doomed from the start? If the Animation is as bad as the trailer suggests it's only redeeming quality would have been to be the first complete, uncondensed and faithful adaption of the story. I don't get how Miura is signing off all those crappy projects.

Nice to see that I'm not the only one that feels this way, but I guess they only care about promoting the manga by doing this. Which makes sense, because why bother making an anime adaptation otherwise if the end of the manga is clearly years (or even decades) away? Although I will admit, the original Berserk anime is what made me aware of the franchise to begin with, and thus got me to read the manga. So I guess I can't really fault them for that way of doing things, mission accomplished. Since I've already delved into the manga, the only sort of anime adaptation I care about at this point is one that tells the complete story from beginning to end, but I guess for a newer generation, putting out a more recent anime adaptation to create awareness for the manga is what they're going for here. Not to joke, even though I totally am poking fun at the subject, I guess they needed to do this considering all the breaks and hiatuses that Miura took, people must have forgot about they're being a Berserk manga. Laughing
NCHaskew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote
plague1ftw wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily call it "unfaithful." Miura's a part of production, so what parts of the manga get adapted will be faithfully adapted. It's just more like a movie adaptation: taking the core events and characters, but picking and choosing what will allow for the smoothest narrative. In any case, anything that brings some animation to Miura's beautiful work is ok by my books!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4