• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild NX/Wii U Game's Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:41 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
Hey, if he didn't want to get chewed out all he had to do was just walk away. Don't want to get a bloody nose, then don't take a swing at someone minding their own business.

You literally said nothing else at E3 matters just because Zelda showed up. You honestly believed that someone might take offense that all other game developers' creativity and effort is so easily dismissed with, "oh boy, Zelda's here, well those other games might as well not even bother existing!"

"Plus it's a bit bizarre for you to accuse me of overreacting when you just wrote a dissertation on me"

And convenient for you to simply reduce what I said to a single word rather than provide counter-arguments to my various points.

"And how it still doesn't detract from the fact that BotW is indeed one of the biggest news stories coming out of E3"

So first everything else at E3 didn't matter because Zelda was here but now it's Zelda is ONE of the big elements of this E3? You might want to get your "facts" straight.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:45 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:

Instead: "We thought about it and decided that if we're going to have a female protagonist it's simpler to have Princess Zelda as the main character. ...if we have princess Zelda as the main character who fights, then what is Link going to do?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say "the same thing Link does" which is saving the world from evil tyrants. Hell you even need to have Zelda as a playable character as Hyrule Warriors proved you can come up with other female characters for players to play as. When you got a third party developer taking your series in better directions with it's playable cast than you yourself ever have, you know you're doing something wrong.

AiddonValentine wrote:
Heads are going to explode when this game comes out.

And feelings are going to be hurt when fans starting going armchair quarterback on all the things the game doesn't do good or as effectively.
Togame

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Looks good but not buying-console-for-this-one-game good.
KoujiTamino

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Togame wrote:
Looks good but not buying-console-for-this-one-game good.

Well good thing there's more than one title worth getting, then.

There's no game that's "buy a console for this one game" good. Because then you then that game and then regret kicks in.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Nintendo most certainly is bringing their A game at this years E3 with the announcement of Breath of The Wind and the new Pokémon games they certainly are off to a great start. Cool
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
My God. It's so beautiful I wanna cry. Crying or Very sad I can only hope that this game will be amazing on all aspects. Also to note, the Master Sword is shown in the pedestal at the end of the official trailer. If this follows the Kid Link timeline (assuming it takes place after Ocarina of Time), wouldn't this place be where the Temple of Time stood? That would be sick if true!
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:05 am Reply with quote
I'm actually quite convinced this game is closer related to Wind Waker than not. It may not have the same art style, but there are quite a few visual and mechanical resemblances to it that aren't really present in Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword. If I'm correct, it would take place... possibly in the future of Wind Waker's world. Or maybe even just before it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2