• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Armed Girl's Machiavellism Manga Gets Anime Adaptation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:17 am Reply with quote
.....and the five holy swords were given unto the student council.....

Evil women with swords, sounds pretty fantastic to me.
SpookyPie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:38 am Reply with quote
Hmm this thread has some pretty mixed reactions, I honestly expected more insults towards the announcement from this community, people around here really seem to hate shows like this. Personally tho I enjoyed the translated parts of the manga so I'm excited enough for the anime adaptation. It's at the very least pretty fun action, so I hope the animation is well done.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:47 am Reply with quote
Badass male character+Badass girls with swords, directly to my watch list.
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:17 pm Reply with quote
So I found a facebook fan page for this that said this:
Quote:
Nomura Fudou was sent to that school after being part of a huge brawl, what will he do when the only options he has after enrolling are being expelled from that school too or being corrected the way the rest of the male students there were...by being forced to dress and act like girls!

if so now I'm definitely interested in watching it.
https://www.facebook.com/BusouShoujoMachiavellianism/
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
SpookyPie wrote:
Hmm this thread has some pretty mixed reactions, I honestly expected more insults towards the announcement from this community, people around here really seem to hate shows like this. Personally tho I enjoyed the translated parts of the manga so I'm excited enough for the anime adaptation. It's at the very least pretty fun action, so I hope the animation is well done.

They're just kind of done to death. Nothing really to get angry over, but it's hard to resist the will to say something like "Oh another one of these".
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:26 am Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
SpookyPie wrote:

They're just kind of done to death. Nothing really to get angry over, but it's hard to resist the will to say something like "Oh another one of these".

Someone posted this image from the manga on reddit. These aren't the cute himegoto loli traps I had in mind. Definitely not another generic one. And kinda creepy.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SiQpBFu7SkY/VMpcIwD68GI/AAAAAAAAulA/OudLOTTcbqY/s0/007.png
SpookyPie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:05 am Reply with quote
SpeckTech wrote:
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
SpookyPie wrote:

Someone posted this image from the manga on reddit. These aren't the cute himegoto loli traps I had in mind. Definitely not another generic one. And kinda creepy.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SiQpBFu7SkY/VMpcIwD68GI/AAAAAAAAulA/OudLOTTcbqY/s0/007.png

Ya I'd without a doubt agree it's not generic, I think people generalize with shows like this as soon as they see the basic synopsis and art. I'd suggest if you're feeling open minded and have the time check out the first episode when it comes out, if you then don't like it and/or still disagree about it being generic that's fine, at least you gave it a chance tho. On the other hand if you end up liking the show then you have something new to enjoy.
Lero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
Lord Dcast wrote:
Damn, and here I thought we'd be getting a badass female protagonist.

I've still got my cautious hope, but yeah. That promo looked more like a battle harem-type setup than anything. It could be a good balance of both, but I'm still disappointed Onigawara isn't apparently the MC.

Onigawara is ironically the bland heroine type among the girls of the cast. The rest are very unique.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2