• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo Hosts My Hero Academia's Director & English Dub Actors

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:49 am Reply with quote
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a second season announcement at Anime Expo it would be the perfect place to do so and I really enjoyed the first season. Very Happy
amagee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
I know some people have voiced their concerns as well, but every single additional announcement I hear from AX makes me more and more happy that I decided not to try and attend. Given the numbers of people, I'd likely see about three guest/other panels a day, miss out on another four or five, and just end up more annoyed than anything. God forbid I would want an autograph from anyone! It seems like they haven't packed things so heavily in years past but I'm not really up on my AX knowledge.

In the long run, however, I do hope things go well and I hope people will go and have the time of their lives. I just don't think it's worth it for me.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:14 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a second season announcement at Anime Expo it would be the perfect place to do so and I really enjoyed the first season. Very Happy

You gonna scream, "the day has come", if it does happen?
Raebo101

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...and the premiere of the first English-dubbed episode of the One-Punch Man anime.

AND the premiere of the first English-dubbed episode of the ERASED anime.

https://www.twitter.com/aniplexUSA/status/740693675353735168
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:28 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I so wish I can meet Justin since I really enjoyed him as Mikaela, but alas. Hopefully he'll come to Denver one year soon.
xzy123

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:40 am Reply with quote
amagee wrote:
I know some people have voiced their concerns as well, but every single additional announcement I hear from AX makes me more and more happy that I decided not to try and attend. Given the numbers of people, I'd likely see about three guest/other panels a day, miss out on another four or five, and just end up more annoyed than anything. God forbid I would want an autograph from anyone! It seems like they haven't packed things so heavily in years past but I'm not really up on my AX knowledge.

In the long run, however, I do hope things go well and I hope people will go and have the time of their lives. I just don't think it's worth it for me.

it might be a really problem if somewhere down the line it catch a lot of fan
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:51 am Reply with quote
Where does it say that one punch man dubbed is premiering????????
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:09 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

Read the article.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:20 am Reply with quote
KilluaX3 wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

Read the article.

Wow thanks it is literally down at the very end lol. i hope the episode be released online to the public really want to see what the hype is about.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:13 am Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
Oh man, I so wish I can meet Justin since I really enjoyed him as Mikaela, but alas. Hopefully he'll come to Denver one year soon.

If he has Twitter of FB, you can always them him that on either.
Mewzard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quote
"Sabat voices All-Might in My Hero Academia. He has also performed in the English dubs of such anime as One Piece (Roronoa Zoro), Rage of Bahamut Genesis (Martinet), Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine (Daisuke Jigen), Fairy Tail (Elfman Strauss), and Fullmetal Alchemist (Alex Louis Armstrong)."

...How is Sabat voicing Vegeta and Piccolo (among others) in Dragon Ball/Z/GT not the first thing on this list. It's not even listed!

Other than that, Anime Expo sounds amazing this year. Wish I could go. So many interesting guests.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Mewzard wrote:
...How is Sabat voicing Vegeta and Piccolo (among others) in Dragon Ball/Z/GT not the first thing on this list. It's not even listed!

Maybe the PR wanted to discretely screw with anime fans who don't look up these voice actors on the internet and don't know what else they voice?
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:35 pm Reply with quote
amagee wrote:
I know some people have voiced their concerns as well, but every single additional announcement I hear from AX makes me more and more happy that I decided not to try and attend.... I just don't think it's worth it for me.
Well, yeah since you're in Florida (I guess). No 'con is worth so much to me that I'd go across the US to attend. AX is in my backyard so I'm glad there is an event every day that I'd like. I gave up on going for autographs long ago. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1