• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:29 am Reply with quote
Not surprising but looking forward to it!

At this pacing, I hope it will be more than 13 episodes too for the second season. Bones has been doing a good job at adapting this imo.

Last edited by Stark700 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:33 am Reply with quote
I have been following the english dub of this and i must say i love this show so much. Now i am hoping that Attack on Titan Junior High and Heavy Object get picked up for second seasons.
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:35 am Reply with quote
I think it will also cover the Stain Arc. We see Stain in the background...

They are together like 38 chapters, so 3 chapters per episode?

Edit: Please do not post scans from unreleased magazines in the forums, thank you. -Crystalyn
ETX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:39 am Reply with quote
I knew it was bound to happen, but I'm glad we have confirmation before the first season has finished!

Juding by the new poster, it seems it'll cover the U.A Sports Festival arc, the small training arc and then the Stain arc.

I predict a 2-cour 22-24 episode season.
Tensai GinAce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:46 am Reply with quote
Let's hope the pacing will be a little better this time
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The announcement also reveals that the second season will cover the U.A. Sports Festival arc of Kōhei Horikoshi's original manga.

Judging by the current pacing, they'll need at least a season to cover the U.A. Sports and Stain arcs. No chance of running out of source material any time soon.

Last edited by BodaciousSpacePirate on Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Pipoko

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:53 am Reply with quote
Awesome! Can't wait for these arcs to be animated. Todoroki and Stain are a few of the best characters.
ETX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:53 am Reply with quote
Tensai GinAce wrote:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the pacing of Season 1. It covered the first 2 smaller arcs and didn't leave anything out at all in terms of content. It was a really well done adaption.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:59 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
I have been following the english dub of this and i must say i love this show so much. Now i am hoping that Attack on Titan Junior High and Heavy Object get picked up for second seasons.

Thought Heavy Object caught up with the LNs? Also shingeki chuugakkou source material is ending, no point to continue that.

HeroAca s2 is an unexciting announcement...we all knew it would happen.

When is the big question, hopefully before spring 2017.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:20 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:

Thought Heavy Object caught up with the LNs?

Nope. Animated three volumes, had two original episodes. There are currently 11 volumes released.
mirzateuku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:25 am Reply with quote
Tensai GinAce wrote:

i dont see any problem with the pacing AT ALL. the adaptation is perfect for me, bones literally does everything i wanted from boku no hero adaptation and never skipped anything from the manga! hellyeah!

or maybe you want the pacing to be more like tokyo ghoul or magi season 1? weirdo
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:27 am Reply with quote
mirzateuku wrote:
Tensai GinAce wrote:

i dont see any problem with the pacing AT ALL. the adaptation is perfect for me, bones literally does everything i wanted from boku no hero adaptation and never skipped anything from the manga! hellyeah!

or maybe you want the pacing to be more like tokyo ghoul or magi season 1? weirdo

The pacing was awful for 1 cour series and there's no need to pretend it wasn't.
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:33 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
mirzateuku wrote:

The pacing was awful for 1 cour series and there's no need to pretend it wasn't.

That's your opinion. I think it was perfect. Smile

{Edit: Please refrain from excessive quoting.. I edited your post for you. ~ Psycho 101}
pikabot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:35 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't say the pacing was terrible, but I'd definitely say that it was weird. The episodes were in themselves finely paced, but it set the series on a trajectory to end without the main character really doing anything, and immediately after the antagonists are introduced. If they hadn't gotten a second season, it would be a really bizarre place to leave the series off.
Drunk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:43 am Reply with quote
I really hope it will cover more than the sports festival and be a 2 cour season. That way they could end it with the first appearance of spoiler[All For One]. That would be awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4