• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Active Raid Second's Promo Video Introduces New & Old Casts

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jroa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
As someone who liked the first half of Active Raid, this looks alright so far. The new opening theme song isn't performed by AKINO yet still sounds nice enough.

Of course, I don't expect most people to care. The show had its fans within Japan but not too many abroad. Which was rather predictable from the start. Nevertheless, I will still keep up with the series. Sometimes just providing lighthearted entertainment without much ambition can be enjoyable with a little relaxation. In other words, maintaining low expectations. For that matter, I also appreciated the Super Sentai traits, in-jokes and general silliness.

The various new characters are probably meant to change the team dynamics, so that could add more of a spark to the proceedings. As long as Mythos isn't the main antagonist, which wasn't all that impressive, I don't mind seeing him again in another role.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Why am I not surprised that the new characters are cute and hot women. I am looking forward to more Active Raid.
jroa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Why am I not surprised that the new characters are cute and hot women.

Except for Sho Hayami, that is, though his character was apparently not shown.

In any event, since this isn't a harem series in neither structure nor content, I don't mind that.

EDIT: Here is the revised plot summary for the second season:

Quote:
The nation's capital, Tokyo, where the Space Elevator Project is proceeding at full tilt, in preparation for the summit.

Established to fight crime based around Willwear, enhanced armor, is the Special Public Security Fifth Division Third Mobile Assault Eighth Unit—Unit 8 in short.

Having saved Japan from Logos' terrorism, Unit 8 has now become really popular around the country. However, crimes misusing Willwear showed no signs of slowing down. In fact, they kept escalating.

Kuroki and the rest of Unit 8 now have new members on their side, and continue to fight evil crimes with their brains, bravery, and the gift of gab—now with the help of civilian police.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Damn looks like we will get some hot action here and I don't speak about the sexy new gals we get ^^
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:28 pm Reply with quote
I think this should have originated as a light novel with that long title.I guess they may have wanted to an original anime to complete with light novel titles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1