• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inside the 10th Anniversary Higurashi When They Cry Exhibition

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
he hoped patrons would still think of his story when they heard cicadas crying in the summer months

For the past 10 years, this has been the case for me. It was such a prominent part of the anime, every summer when I hear them, or when I hear them in other anime, I remember Higurashi.

Also, he can't draw Anime hyper.
If only the world wasn't so large....this event would've had an amazing turn-out. I know there are thousands of hardcore fans living overseas around the world that would've died to go to an event like this.

And as someone mentioned, Eiko Shimamiya is a living legend. Now if only she would release stuff more often than once very 3 years...Sad

Anyway, I was planning a rewatch already, later this year (last watched in 2012) but it seems like I'll have to do one sooner than I planned Smile
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:25 pm Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
Jose Cruz wrote:
I tried watching that but I couldn't get interested in it's first episode.

Give it... 4, 5 episodes? You'll know when. Heck, it becomes substantially more interesting after 2 or 3.

It personally hooked me at episode 1, but most people I've showed Higurashi to struggled with episode 1. The beginning with the SOL stuff is... not necessarily the best. Personally I think Higurashi is at it's worst when it's trying to be funny and especially when it's trying to be fanservice-y, but the rest of the show more than makes up for it.

I see. I might try watching it again at some point in the future them. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:43 am Reply with quote
That Exhibition is just

Side Note: Personally I love how higurahi tricks you with the all of the sappy/cheesy sol anime series at first. Then in the next few episodes it just moments at the start then escalates into something very dark. Honestly this what drew me in and me so invested into the series at the time. Hell If I have to be blunt with all of you higurashi is in my personal top five anime series of all time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
And as someone mentioned, Eiko Shimamiya is a living legend. Now if only she would release stuff more often than once very 3 years...Sad

I bought this CD and had it autographed by her at the M3 Doujin even last year https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3_%28同人%29 and have seen no reference to the CD since:

Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I remember it like it was yesterday, along comes this anime that at first glance looks like a carefree comedy with cute anime girls and then all of a sudden these girls go totally psychotic. Shocked

It freaked me out as it did everyone it was a very clever idea but the real secret to it's success was it was a well constructed series beyond the novelty of "cute anime girls go mental."
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:01 pm Reply with quote
This looks like a very interesting exhibition. Although I'm not a huge horror fan,I'd love to see something like this brought to this country. It would be interesting to explore. I also hope that they'd do a second season English dub of this show. I might not watch it,but it should be out there for those who want to see it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2