• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuki Yuna Is a Hero Franchise Teases Project Announcement in October

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeopower6

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
You're right; These shows are nothing alike. One of them was genuinely good.

I agree, Madoka was actually not all that great. It's very much a case of the student doing better than the 'teacher'.
Artesox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:15 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
But it's weird; These guys are fighting against spoiler[entropy] and spoiler[hostile gods who are like aliens] while the Madoka crew are fighting for spoiler[entropy] and spoiler[indifferent aliens who act like gods].

You're right; These shows are nothing alike. One of them was genuinely good.

Where the hell did you see spoiler[entropy] in yuyuyu?
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:53 am Reply with quote
I liked Yuki Yuna, but it has serious flaws. Some have already been mentioned, but the main one that bothered me was the ending. I am sorry, the power of friendship is strong, but it is not that strong.

If a close friend of mine decided that humanity had to die, and preceded to exterminate everyone I knew and didn't know, we wouldn't be friends anymore. In fact, I would do my best to ensure you were either in jail or dead.

Yuki Yuna just promotes the mindset that the power of friendship is so powerful, that you can ignore the evil that your friends have done, and not hold them responsible for their actions.

Still I liked the character designs and the setting. I am hoping for a sequel, after all, those god/demons/or creatures, are a threat that needs to be resolved. We don't need a prequel, we need a sequel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3