• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Digimon Adventure tri. Film Gets English-Language Theatrical Release in US

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:20 pm Reply with quote
From Jeff Nimoy's facebook page, which I think has been taken down.
Quote:
Holy DigiCrap, one little announcement and the whole Internet goes crazy! I had no idea that the English dubbing of Digimon Tri wasn’t public knowledge until I announced I recorded Tentomon again. No one asked me not to tell anyone, so I guess it’s ok to talk about it. I am getting flooded with questions, so rather than answering each one individually, here is how it all happened.

My last line for Tentomon at that session was “Tentomon digivolve to....Kabuterimon!” Ryan told me he wasn’t sure how they were going to do it, so they wanted me to say “Kabuterimon” in Tentomon’s voice. I told him that Kabuterimon says that part, not Tentomon. Ryan asked, “Are you sure?” I laughed and said, “Yeah, pretty sure.” Lol. After all those episodes and movies, I had better be sure! Ryan laughed as well and took my word for it. He knew my involvement with the series, so he trusted me. We actually got along quite well, and he was very open to collaboration.

During playbacks I recognized some other voices (get ready to break again, Internet). Colleen O’Shaughnessy as Sora, and Mona Marshall as Izzy. I’m good friends with Doug Erholtz, so I knew he WASN’T playing TK (he is playing a recurring role though). Ryan told me my old TriGun partner Johnny Yong Bosch was playing TK. I also recognized Laura Summer’s voice as Patomon. Ryan told me almost all the digimon voices are coming back, but many of the humans were recast. That’s ALL I KNOW! Please, no more questions, you now know exactly what I know, so we’re all caught up!

I’m looking forward to my next VO session as Tentomon (although after I blew the surprise, maybe they’ll fire me, oh well). One more thing... after my session was over, I went into the control room to say goodbye to Ryan, and thank him. We shook hands and I asked, “Please take good care of my baby, won’t you?” He smiled and said, “Absolutely, it’s in good hands.” I’m sure it is!

Don't fire him! He knows not what he does!

But Johnny Yong Bosch as T.K? That's strangely fitting as I always thought Doug's voice was a bit deep.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2