• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tite Kubo's Bleach Manga Nears Ending

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
About time. The latest chapters imo has not been impressive and seems to be on the way to a conclusion. Wonder if they plan to ever adapt the rest of it someday.

They better. All they have to adapt is the Quincy War arc. And if they're smart they know it will be a way to still cash in on the franchise even after the manga ends, just like they're doing with Naruto. But seriously - this isn't too surprising unless they showed the actual number of remaining chapters.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:18 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
CrowLia wrote:
I've been saying Bleach will end this year for months. It's the 15th anniversary and 15 is an important number in Bleach (Ichigo's name, Ichigo's birthday and his age at the start of the series, Kubo loves making word plays with it). I don't think the story will wrap up before August, but i certainly expect it to be over by December (maybe they'll reach 700 chapters like Naruto?) It's sad that we're in July already and WSJ is STILL not giving Bleach any color pages or special promotions for the 15th anniversary. Even Nisekoi got a color page recently, even though it ranks around the same bottom 5 and sells half as much as Bleach does. WSJ's thankless attitudes to one of its flagship franchises never ceases to frustrate me.

But what has Kubo and Bleach done for them lately.

Sell half a million copies per volume, maybe? Selling alone more than Toriko and Nisekoi sell together?
CaptainGallis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone say how many chapter that was blurred out? I'd really like to know if anyone has the legit numbered teased for the ending
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:01 pm Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:
About darn time! This manga has made it its weekly routine to jump the shark for the last six years now, though the last three years have been the absolute worst yet.
I'm no completionist, but I still feel compelled to finish it since I once upon a time used to consider this my favorite series. Still, the individual chapters are so utterly lacking in content that I can finish each new chapter is just slightly longer than it takes for my browser to load each new page. If it took any longer, I probably wouldn't have been able to cling on.

Especially the latest bad guy is the biggest snoozefest of a villain I've ever had the displeasure to lay my eyes upon, and the "fights" have just devolved into characters going "no u" over and over.
Characters don't trade blows, they trade powerups.

So I'm looking forward to this series no longer taking up valuable magazine space in WSJ that new and far more deserving series should have available to them instead to compete in.
disagreed Bleach has been pretty good, if anything was a waste of pages it would be Naruto (which is already done)
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Considering how much of a train wreck Bleach has become to the point the adaptation was cancelled, I'm honestly surprised that we hadn't gotten the last call sooner. Hell, this very website had an article about Bleach's rapid quality decline.

and that article was bullshit and written by an immature guy
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:10 pm Reply with quote
any chance for an anime? probably not but hopefully the ending will be satisfying and not a joke like the entirety of Nauto's final arc (or the last few arcs of that series for that matter)
Vizo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I freaking love this arc! It's so good that I don't even care that it's the last one.
Sorraffy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Gasero wrote:
'nears ending'

So in Kubo time, that's about 4 years of weekly chapters.

2-1-2012

"Tite Kubo's Bleach Manga to Enter Final Arc"
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-02-01/tite-kubo-bleach-manga-to-enter-final-arc
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
now when the manga ends and no announcement of a final act anime ever comes around should I give up hope?
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Well yeah, as a Bleach fan I'm sad and it feels surreal to see your favorite manga as a kid about to end. Saying that, I doubt it's gonna end like "soon". I'm sure they'll make an announcement just like with Naruto when there is 5 chapters left or so. I could see it ending next spring, so Q1 2017.
Sloppy_Jimbo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Buyer's regret here. I just had to have every volume of Bleach through the end of the Aizen arc. Darn you, Ichimaru.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:24 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Sell half a million copies per volume, maybe? Selling alone more than Toriko and Nisekoi sell together?

How much is that in comparison to what One Piece And Naruto sold in the last stretch of it's run?
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Both Kubo and Kishimoto should have been on their 3rd and 4th series by now.

Dragging both manga into obscurity is a waste of their talent. Both Bleach and Naruto had an amazing first 100 chapters, they should be like Rumiko Takahashi at this point and have had several series out by now.

Garnering several generations of fans, not one big angry rainbow of bittersweet Bleach maniacs.

I read Bleach back before the anime was around, over time got to Ichigo's father's reveal before moving on to the anime (which was good) but wasn't the same feeling. I kept watching until around Ulquiorra's Espata intro.

I'm a sucker of metal gear style badguys. It has been more fun to make fun of the whiny Bleach fans but in all seriousness the series is great, I'm going to have to go through the rest of the manga sometime.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
CrowLia wrote:

How much is that in comparison to what One Piece And Naruto sold in the last stretch of it's run?

Bleach is currently selling about half of what Naruto's last volume did, but what does that matter. Based on the stupid logic that if it doesn't sell like OP it is worthless, WSJ should just cancel all of its series and only ever promote One Piece. It's not like anything's ever gonna sell what One Piece sells. Based on that logic, Naruto shouldn't be getting so many spinoffs, since it barely sells 1/3 of what OP does. WSJ should've never pimped Toriko the way they did because its sales peaked at 10% of One Piece's, and less than 1/3 of what Naruto did at the end. Stop promoting Soma and Hero Academia, they sell around as much as Bleach. Stop promoting Haikyuu and Hunter x Hunter, they barely make a million volumes each, they'll never compete with One Piece. Stop it with the Assassination Classroom spinoffs, those sell less than half than what One Piece does.

But if we trash your botched nonsensical logic, Bleach remains one of WSJ's top 5 sellers, one of its longest running series and a manga that has been a flagship of the magazine for a decade and a half. It's not gratuitous that people still identify Bleach as one of the magazine's Big 3 (even though it's been outsold by Kuroko, AssClass and Haikyuu, but then the whole big 3 notion stopped being relevant when Bleach stopped getting promoted) It's popular enough that it's getting a new Musical after all these years, and the mobile game has gotten great reception. It's an iconic series. It may be well past its prime (but can anyone argue Naruto was brilliant until the end? Most people would agree otherwise), but the poor treatment it's received from the magazine was uncalled for and a display of terrible ungratefulness after all it's done for the magazine. WSJ had started replacing Ichigo with Toriko in its Big 3 promotions (even putting Toriko along with Goku and Luffy, hoping it'd become the next greatest hit amongst hits, which never happened) long before the popularity tanked. For the last five or six years, they've been treating Bleach like it was a bottom of the barrel series, as if it hadn't helped them sell millions of magazines and tankobon over the years.
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:06 am Reply with quote
{Edit}: Your trollish & rage filled rant has been removed. Next time try expressing your opinions without a bunch of insults and ranting. ~ Psycho 101
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6